Here’s the latest casting additions to the following films:
- Joel Edgerton is set for Anton Corbijn’s Life, starring opposite Robert Pattinson and Dane DeHaan.
- Jon Hamm and Zach Galifianakis are in negotiations to star in the spy comedy Keeping Up with the Joneses, which now has Greg Mottola attached to direct.
- Ciaran Hinds has joined Aleksander Bach’s Hitman sequel, Agent 47, starring Rupert Friend, Zachary Quinto, and Thomas Kretschmann.
Hit the jump for more on each project.
Here’s a look at today’s latest casting news:
- Uma Thurman in negotiations to join Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart in Nima Nourizadeh’s American Ultra.
- Martin Sheen will join Warren Beatty’s untitled Howard Hughes project, starring Alden Ehrenreich and Lily Collins.
- Renee Zellweger is in talks to star opposite Daniel Craig in Courtney Hunt’s The Whole Truth.
- Thomas Kretschmann joins Zachary Quinto and Rupert Friend in Aleksander Bach’s Hitman movie, Agent 47.
Hit the jump for more on each film.
With filming set to begin in Berlin next week on director Aleksander Bach’s Agent 47, 20th Century Fox has gotten a jump on the paparazzi by released the first image of Rupert Friend in character. As we previously reported, Paul Walker was set to play the genetically engineered and cloned assassin who sports a bald head and a barcode, but with his untimely passing, Friend stepped in to play the role. I’m a big fan of his work on Homeland and think he’s going to be great in the part. While not much is known about the Hitman reboot (the first film starred Timothy Olyphant), we do know it follows Agent 47 in his task to protect a waitress targeted by a group known as the Syndicate.
Agent 47 also stars Zachary Quinto and Hannah Ware. Kyle Ward, Skip Woods, and Michael Finch wrote the script and it’s being produced by Chuck Gordon, Alex Young and Adrian Askarieh. Daniel Alter is executive producing. Hit the jump to check out the full image.
Here’s a look at the latest casting for the following films:
- Kate Winslet is in talks to join John Hillcoat’s crime thriller Triple Nine starring Casey Affleck and Chiwetel Ejiofor. [Update: Aaron Paul, Teresa Palmer, Gal Gadot and Michael Peña are also in talks to join.]
- Hannah Ware (Shame) will star in the Hitman reboot, Agent 47, which stars Rupert Friend and Zachary Quinto.
- Dakota Fanning (War of the Worlds) will star in Gerardo Naranjo’s untitled English-language debut, along with Frank Dillane, Jeremy Allen White, Zoe Kravitz, and Caleb Landry Jones.
Hit the jump for more on each project.
Zachary Quinto (Star Trek) is the latest addition to Aleksander Bach’s Hitman sequel, Agent 47. Fox International postponed its initial February start date on the film after the tragic death of star Paul Walker, who was set to lead the video game adaptation’s reboot. The studio recently recast the role, tapping Homeland’s Rupert Friend for the lead. It’s not clear what part Quinto would be playing, but what is known is that the sequel follows the title character in his task to protect a waitress targeted by a group known as the Syndicate, though she may be more than she seems. Agent 47 will start filming in March, when Quinto will join straight from his New York stage performance in The Glass Menagerie. (Via Deadline)
Fast & Furious 7 wasn’t the only project that Paul Walker was working on before his unfortunate passing. The actor was poised to follow up the seventh Fast & Furious film with the actioner Agent 47, but THR reports that producers have now tapped Homeland star Rupert Friend to take over the role. The Fox International film is a reboot/sequel of sorts to the 2007 film Hitman and revolves around an elite, bald-headed assassin who sports a barcode on the back of his head. In Agent 47, the titular character is tasked with protecting a waitress targeted by a group known as the Syndicate, though she may be more than she seems. Commercials director Aleksander Bach is taking the helm from a script by Kyle Ward, Skip Woods, and Michael Finch.
Friend has been shining recently as CIA operative Peter Quinn on the Showtime series Homeland, but his feature credits include Pride & Prejudice, The Libertine, and The Young Victoria.
The Square Enix game Hitman had its chance at launching a feature franchise with 2007′s adaptation starring Timothy Olyphant, but Fox International Productions is giving it another go. Starring Paul Walker (The Fast and the Furious), the reboot will be titled Agent 47, referring to the genetically engineered and cloned assassin who sports a bald head and a barcode. Skip Woods penned the screenplay for the original Hitman and will return for another try along with Mike Finch. Commercials director Aleksander Bach will make his feature film debut with Agent 47. Hit the jump for more.