When you pose the challenge of poking yourself in the eye without tearing up to the star of a new Jackass movie, he’s bound to take you up on it. Bad Grandpa features Johnny Knoxville and Jackson Nicoll as Irving and Billy. When Billy’s mother is hit with some serious jail time, it’s up to Irving to drive cross-country so he can dump the kid with his father and not get stuck with him himself. Even though Irving is disappointed that his newfound single status is tarnished by this little “cock block,” he soon comes to realize that they make quite the destructive, insulting, outrageous and lovable pair.
When Nicoll and I weren’t busy jabbing our fingers in our eyes during our interview at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, Nicoll and Knoxville enlightened Collider on the risk involved in staging stunts, behind-the-scenes pranks that couldn’t make the final cut, Nicoll’s passion for fishing, speedos and sandwiches, and more. Enjoy watching Nicoll count Knoxville’s arm hairs in the video after the jump and click here for my review.
Bad Grandpa is everything you’d want from a Jackass movie and more. Not only is it brimming with outrageous stunts, but it also boasts two crass, disgusting, insensitive and lovable lead characters that bring a new dimension of hilarity to the material. Hit the jump for my review.
A new red-band trailer for Bad Grandpa is now available. Why is it red-band? It might have something to do with 86-year-old Irving Zisman (Johnny Knoxville) getting his penis caught in an ATM. Or maybe it’s the scenes of Zisman giving his eight-year-old grandson Billy (Jackson Nicoll) alcohol. Then again, it could be all the cussing caused by Zisman pissing off innocent bystanders with his childish antics. Whatever the cause, the effect is sure to be audiences laughing their asses off when Bad Grandpa opens this Friday, October 25th. Hit the jump to watch the new trailer.
Here’s today’s poster round-up:
- Oldboy – Spike Lee’s take on Garon Tsuchiya and Nobuaki Minegishi’s manga, starring Josh Brolin, Elizabeth Olsen, Samuel L. Jackson and Sharlto Copley. Oldboy opens November 27th.
- Vampire Academy - Mark Waters’ adaptation of Richelle Mead’s novel, starring Zoey Deutch, Lucy Fry and Olga Kurylenko. Vampire Academy opens February 14, 2014.
- Bad Grandpa – Jeff Tremaine directs Johnny Knoxville as the title character, along with his “grandson” Jackson Nicoll. Bad Grandpa opens October 25th.
- The Book Thief – Brian Percival’s book adaptation starring Sophie Nélisse, Geoffrey Rush, Emily Watson, and Ben Schnetzer, opens November 15th.
Hit the jump to view the posters and synopses.
The first clip from director Jeff Tremaine’s comedy Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa is now available. It offers up an extended look at a sequence seen in the film’s trailer. It also shows off the gimmick that has worked so well for Jackass films in the past, that of performing crazy stunts in the midst of unsuspecting passersby and then recording their reactions. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Johnny Knoxville, Spike Jonze and Jackson Nicoll star in Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa, due out October 25th. Hit the jump to watch the clip.
A few new posters tonight:
- Labor Day - Josh Brolin plays an escaped convict who forms a makeshift family with a single mother (Kate Winslet) and her son (Gattlin Griffith) in the latest from Jason Reitman (Up in the Air).
- Charlie Countryman – Formerly known as The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman. Shia LaBeouf plays the title character who “enters into the hallucinatory, Romanian underworld filled with violence and, strangely enough, love.” Evan Rachel Wood and Mads Mikkelsen also star.
- Bad Grandpa – Johnny Knoxville brings back his 85-year-old Irving Zisman character from the Jackass movies and adds an 8-year-old grandson Billy (Jackson Nicoll).
See the posters after the break.
Check out new posters from the following films:
- Thor: The Dark World – New posters from Alan Taylor’s Marvel sequel features Anthony Hopkins as the great Odin (and his ravens) and Tom Hiddleston as Loki. (Check out this previously-released Loki poster for fun photoshopped comparison!) Thor: The Dark World opens November 8th.
- Bad Grandpa - Jackass presents this new poster for Jeff Tremaine’s comedy starring Johnny Knoxville, Jackson Nicoll and a host of confused prank victims. Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa opens October 25th.
- The Counselor - A new international look at Ridley Scott’s The Counselor features Michael Fassbender, Cameron Diaz, Brad Pitt, Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem all in one place. The Counselor also opens October 25th.
Hit the jump to take a look.
A pair of international posters for Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World have made their way online, each highlighting a specific character from the Alan Taylor-helmed sequel. The Thor-centric poster shows Chris Hemsworth’s titular character laying the hammer down, while the Loki poster boasts Tom Hiddleston putting on a happy/mischievous face as he likely contemplates his revenge. Thor: The Dark World opens in 3D on November 8th.
Additionally, Paramount has released the first poster for Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa. The film finds Johnny Knoxville reprising his 85-year-old Irving Zisman character from the Jackass movies, but this time he has his 8-year-old grandson Billy (Jackson Nicoll) in tow. The first trailer promises plenty of juvenile hijinks, and this debut poster is in that same vein. Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa opens on October 25th. Hit the jump to check out all three posters.
Paramount Pictures has released the first trailer for director Jeff Tremaine’s comedy Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa. The film finds Johnny Knoxville reprising his 85-year-old Irving Zisman character from the Jackass movies, but this time he has his 8-year-old grandson Billy (Jackson Nicoll) in tow. In a style akin to Borat, the pic blends Jackass-style pranks with a narrative involving Zisman and Billy, and based on this trailer the results look to be incredibly juvenile and really, really funny. I’m still uncertain as to whether the Bad Grandpa sketch can sustain an entire movie, but the gag at the end of this trailer involving Nicoll’s character had me laughing incredibly hard.
Hit the jump to watch the trailer. Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa opens on October 25th.
Paramount Pictures made a bit of a surprise announcement a few weeks ago when we learned that the heretofore rumored film Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa had not only been filmed already, but was slated for release in theaters this coming October. Now the first images and details from the pic have landed online, giving us a clearer idea of what the Jackass spinoff entails. Johnny Knoxville reprises his 85-year-old Irving Zisman character in the film, which blends Jackass-style prank footage involving the unsuspecting public with a narrative arc (not unlike Borat). Knoxville is joined onscreen by his Fun Size co-star Jackson Nicoll, who plays Zisman’s 8-year-old grandson Billy. Jackass staple Jeff Tremaine directed the film and co-wrote the script with Knoxville and Spike Jonze.
Hit the jump to check out the first images, and click here to watch the trailer. Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa opens on October 25th.