While at the ABC portion of the TCA Press Tour, ABC Entertainment Group President Paul Lee discussed the status of some of their current shows, as well as some of their upcoming projects. During the interview, he talked about the networks relationship with Marvel, future plans to develop other Disney IPs, that they’ve started conversations with Lucasfilm about possibilities, whether they’re considering any other Once Upon A Time spin-offs, the expectations for Season 3 of Revenge, their hopes for Betrayal, how much longer Grey’s Anatomy could run, and the future of Suburgatory. Check out what he had to say after the jump.
ABC has announced premiere dates for its Fall 2013 slate. The highly anticipated Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will kick off on Tuesday, September 24th at 8pm ET/PT, at which point we will officially have a new Joss Whedon show on television. The spinoff series Once Upon a Time in Wonderland won’t premiere until Thursday, October 10th, and other staggered debuts include the Rebel Wilson comedy Super Fun Night on Wednesday, October 2nd and the return of Scandal on Thursday, October 3rd. Additionally, the hit comedy Modern Family gets an hour-long season premiere on Wednesday, September 25th, and Grey’s Anatomy’s two-hour premiere debuts on Thursday, September 26th. Hit the jump to take a look at the full schedule.
Fresh off the announcement of its primetime 2013-14 schedule this morning, ABC has released first-look trailers for all of its new series. We already shared the full trailer for Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but here are the other new shows that we’ll be looking at today:
- Once Upon a Time in Wonderland – The spinoff series of the network’s fantasy show stars Sophie Lowe as the titular Alice and features John Lithgow as the voice of the White Rabbit.
- Trophy Wife – A mixed family comedy starring Malin Akerman as a reformed party girl who must contend with her new husband’s (Bradley Whitford) numerous ex-wives.
- Betrayal – A drama series starring Hannah Ware and Stuart Townsend as new lovers who find themselves on opposite sides of a murder investigation.
- Killer Women – A midseason drama series starring Tricia Helfer as the only female Texas Ranger patrolling the Texas frontier.
- Mind Games – Steve Zahn and Christian Slater star in this midseason drama procedural about two brothers who use the hard science of psychological manipulation to solve clients’ problems.
- Mixology – From the screenwriters behind The Hangover, this ensemble comedy stars Blake Lee and Andrew Santino and centers on ten single people who cross paths in a bar.
- Resurrection – The people in a small Missouri town are forever changed when their deceased love ones suddenly start to return. Omar Epps stars in this midseason drama series.
- Lucky 7 - A drama series about seven friends who unexpectedly win the lottery. Isiah Whitlock Jr. stars.
- And the new comedies Super Fun Night (starring Rebel Wilson), The Goldbergs (starring Jeff Garlin), and Back in the Game (starring James Caan).
Hit the jump to watch the trailers and to check out some images from the new series.
And the upfronts madness continues. ABC has announced its schedule for the 2013-14 TV season, and there are a few shakeups to be found. Here are some of the highlights:
- The highly-anticipated Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will kick off Tuesday night’s programming at 8pm ET, followed by a block of entirely new series including The Goldbergs, Trophy Wife, and Lucky 7.
- The Once Upon a Time spinoff Once Upon a Time in Wonderland will run concurrently with the original series, as it will air Thursday nights at 8pm ET.
- Rebel Wilson’s new series Super Fun Night will air in the coveted post-Modern Family slot on Wednesday nights.
- The reality competition show Dancing With the Stars has been cut back to one night a week, with the results show scrapped entirely.
- The Neighbors has been moved from Wednesdays to Fridays, where it will air after Last Man Standing at 8:30pm ET.
- Returning comedy series Suburgatory is being held for midseason, so don’t expect to see it until after the new year.
- As previously reported, the Pixar special Toy Story of Terror will air later this year.
Hit the jump to take a look at the full lineup, and check back on Collider soon for some images and trailers for all of the new series.
The line-up for the 2012 Venice Film Festival has been announced and it’s a surprisingly lean year. Usually, there’s a lot of overlap between the Toronto International Film Festival and Venice, but the only major crossovers are Terrence Malick‘s To the Wonder, Robert Redford‘s The Company You Keep, Ramin Bahrani‘s At Any Price, Mira Nair‘s The Reluctant Fundamentalist, and Ariel Vromen‘s The Iceman. Venice does have a few standout exclusives this year, most notably Brian De Palma‘s new film, Passion, starring Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace. Other notable exclusives include Abdallah Omeish‘s Witness: Libya (executive produced by Michael Mann) and Harmony Korine‘s Spring Breakers.
Hit the jump for the full line-up. The 2012 Venice Film Festival runs August 29 – September 8th.