The 2013 Sundance Film Festival is set to get underway later next week, and we here at Collider will be bringing you plenty of coverage from the fest as Steve, Matt, and myself will be descending on Park City. To kick things off, we thought it’d be nice to take a look at some the available trailers for films that are set to screen at the festival. Could one of these be the next Beasts of the Southern Wild? Briefly:
- Google and the World Brain – a documentary about Google’s attempt to accumulated all the world’s books.
- Lasting – A suspense-filled drama playing in competition in the World Dramatic category.
- I Used to Be Darker – A drama about a pregnant Northern Irish runaway who shacks up with American relatives, from director Matt Porterfield.
- Charlie Victor Romeo – A 3D theatrical documentary that takes place in a cockpit and draws its material from the black box transcripts of six airline emergencies.
- Gideon’s Army – A documentary that focuses on public defenders and America’s justice system.
- Halley – A drama about a security guard afflicted with a strange illness that is ravaging his body.
Hit the jump to check out the trailers and synopses. The 2013 Sundance Film Festival runs from January 17 – 27th.