Finally opening Stateside this weekend is Shane Black’s Iron Man 3. The international debut has already set new box office records and will likely set the pace for the rest of 2013′s superhero features. In a new clip from Iron Man 3, Robert Downey Jr. and Don Cheadle appear out of their armor as Tony Stark and James Rhodes respectively. Rhodes-y is worried about his pal, and with good reason.
Also starring Gwyneth Paltrow, Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Stephanie Szostak, James Badge Dale, Jon Favreau and Sir Ben Kingsley, Iron Man 3 opens in 3D on May 3rd. Hit the jump to watch the clip and a new TV spot.
In this new clip from J.J. Abram’s upcoming Star Trek sequel, Star Trek Into Darkness, Chris Pine’s James T. Kirk and Benedict Cumberbatch’s John Harrison have a heated exchange through a plate-glass prison wall. While there’s no action in this particular scene, the clip does a nice job of showcasing Kirk’s passionate fury and Harrison’s cold and calculating nature (and apparently his penchant for reciting numerals).
The film also stars Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Alice Eve, Simon Pegg, John Cho, Anton Yelchin and Karl Urban. Star Trek Into Darkness is slated for a May 15th IMAX 3D release and a 2D and 3D release on May 17th. Hit the jump to watch the clip and for details on how you can meet the film’s director and cast at the Los Angeles premiere!
The first clip from writer/director Andrew Niccol’s The Host featuring stars Saoirse Ronan and Max Irons has been released online. The Host was author Stephenie Meyer’s 2008 follow-up to her hit Twilight franchise, and details the story of an alien race called Souls that take over the inhabitants of Earth. At the center of the story is Ronan’s character Melanie, who fights back against the Soul, called Wanderer, that takes over her body. While not as hotly anticipated as the Twilight adaptations were, The Host bolsters an impressive cast including Ronan, Irons, Diane Kruger, Jake Abel, William Hurt, Frances Fisher, and Boyd Holbrook. Hit the jump to see the clip.
Check out the latest clips from the following movies:
- Spring Breakers – Recently premiering at SXSW, this new clip from Harmony Korine’s film features the introduction of James Franco’s character, Alien. There’s also some bonus behind-the-scenes footage. Also starring Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, Ashley Benson and Rachel Korine, Spring Breakers opens in limited release on March 15th and expands March 22nd.
- The Place Beyond the Pines – A new clip from Derek Cianfrance’s crime drama stars Ryan Gosling and Ben Mendelsohn planning a heist. Also starring Bradley Cooper and Eva Mendes, The Place Beyond the Pines opens in limited release March 29th.
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation – The new clip from Jon M. Chu’s sequel pits Storm Shadow (Byung-hun Lee) against Snake Eyes (Ray Park). Also starring Dwayne Johnson, Bruce Willis, Channing Tatum, Adrianne Palicki, Elodie Yung and D.J. Cotrona, G.I. Joe: Retaliation opens March 28th.
Hit the jump to watch the clips.
Check out some new clips from the following films:
- Trance – Danny Boyle’s latest crime thriller that stars James McAvoy (X-Men: First Class) as an art thief stricken with amnesia who undergoes hypnotherapy in order to remember where he stashed the goods. Trance opens in limited release stateside April 5th.
- To the Wonder – Terrence Malick’s ode to love in all its varied forms, starring Ben Affleck, Olga Kurylenko, Javier Bardem and Rachel McAdams. To the Wonder opens April 12th.
- Welcome to the Punch – McAvoy also stars in writer/director Eran Creevy’s crime thriller as a detective who’s given one last chance to apprehend a former criminal (Mark Strong) when he returns to London. Welcome to the Punch opens stateside March 27th.
Hit the jump to watch the new clips from each movie.
We’ve got eight clips from DreamWorks Animations’ The Croods to share with you today. Directed by Kirk De Micco (Space Chimps) and Chris Sanders (How to Train Your Dragon), The Croods centers on the titular prehistoric family embarking on the world’s first road trip through an uncharted, fantastical and dangerous world. Featuring the voice talents of Emma Stone, Ryan Reynolds, Nicolas Cage, Clark Duke, Catherine Keener and Cloris Leachman, The Croods opens March 22nd. Hit the jump to watch all eight clips.
We have three new clips and five character posters to share from Cal Brunker’s animated sci-fi family film, Escape from Planet Earth. Brendan Fraser and Rob Corddry voice two alien brothers who get into all sorts of hijinks when a mission leads them to the notoriously dangerous title planet.
Also featuring the voices of Jane Lynch, Craig Robinson, George Lopez, Sofia Vergara, Steve Zahn, Chris Parnell, Jonath Morgan Heit, James Corden, Jessica Alba, Sarah Jessica Parker and William Shatner, Escape from Planet Earth opens February 15th. Hit the jump to check out the clips and posters.
We’ve got another batch of first clips from the following movies:
- Side Effects – Steven Soderbergh’s crime drama exploring a relationship complicated by prison sentences and prescription drugs, starring Channing Tatum and Rooney Mara. Side Effects opens February 8th.
- The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia – The new clip from the scary sequel shows that it’s always creepy when your mother watches you take a bath…especially when your mother is dead. The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia opens February 1st.
Hit the jump to watch the clips.
We’ve got a pair of first clips from the following movies to share today:
- jOBS – Starring Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs and Josh Gad as Steve Wozniak, this first clip shows off the passionate vision and understated genius of the respective Apple co-creators. jOBS opens this April.
- Bullet to the Head – Starring Sylvester Stallone as hitman Jimmy Bobo, this first action-packed clip reveals Bobo’s bathroom brawl with Keegan (Jason Momoa), a precursor to the eventual ax fight. Walter Hill’s Bullet to the Head opens February 1st.
Hit the jump to watch both clips.
Three new clips are now available from Richard LaGravenese’s Beautiful Creatures, the Southern Gothic supernatural romance story adapted from the best-selling books of Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Two of these clips do a nice job at establishing the budding relationship between Lena (Alice Englert) and Ethan (Alden Ehrenreich), as well as stirring up the fanbase. The third clip features Ridley Duchannes (Emmy Rossum) flaunting a barely-there dress, bringing a little something for two “lucky boys.”
Also starring Jeremy Irons, Viola Davis, Emma Thompson and Thomas Mann, Beautiful Creatures opens February 14th. Hit the jump to watch the clips (fair warning: they’re on auto-play).
From writer/director Jonathan Levine (50/50) comes Warm Bodies, the zombie romantic comedy starring Nicholas Hoult (X-Men: First Class) and Teresa Palmer (I Am Number Four). Today, five new clips and five new posters from the film have become available, including an interactive infographic on zombie anatomy with bits of footage embedded within it. While Warm Bodies is not my preferred take on zombies, it does seem to offer something different to the genre along with a lot of humor and heart. Also starring John Malkovich, Dave Franco, Analeigh Tipton and Rob Corddry, Warm Bodies opens February 1st. Hit the jump to watch the new clips and check out the new posters.
We’ve got two first clips from the following films:
- Lovelace – Starring Amanda Seyfried (In Time) as the titular porn star Linda Lovelace, this first clip features Seyfried in the midst of a photoshoot with a photographer played by Wes Bentley (The Hunger Games).
- Escape from Tomorrow – Director Randy Moore’s guerilla-shot horror fantasty film used footage from within Walt Disney World and Disneyland without permission in order to portray a father going insane at the world’s most magical theme park.
Hit the jump to check out the clips.
The first clips have landed online for two Sundance 2013 premieres: Chan-wook Park’s Stoker, starring Nicole Kidman and Mia Wasikowska, and Francesca Gregorini’s Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes, starring Jessica Biel, Kaya Scodelario and Alfred Molina. Both movies deal with issues of motherhood, though the first clip from Stoker reveals Kidman’s character as rather aggressively unstable while Biel’s character is merely a dead-ringer for the protag’s own dead mother. Check out both clips after the jump (be forewarned: both clips are annoyingly set to auto-play).
Here’s an early Christmas present for all the good boys and girls out there: three new clips from Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained. Two of the three clips center on Jamie Foxx’s titular character and his bounty-hunting partner, played by Christoph Waltz. The third clip highlights a scene between Kerry Washington and Samuel L. Jackson.
Hit the jump to check out the clips. The film also stars Leonard DiCaprio, M.C. Gainey, Walton Goggins, Garrett Dillahunt, Dennis Christopher, Gerald McRaney, Laura Cayouette, and Tom Savini. Django Unchained opens on Christmas Day.
We’ve got two new clips to share with you from the mother of all road trip movies: The Guilt Trip, starring Seth Rogen (Pineapple Express) and Barbra Streisand (The Prince of Tides). Directed by Anne Fletcher (The Proposal), the Dan Fogelman (Crazy, Stupid, Love) script centers on an L.A.-based inventor (Rogen) who takes his recently-widowed mother (Streisand) on the road with him for a business trip in which he hopes to sell his latest idea and help rekindle his mother’s love life. The Guilt Trip opens December 19th. Hit the jump to check out the clips.