The first trailer for director James Griffiths’ upcoming comedy Cuban Fury has been released online. Based on an original idea by Nick Frost, the story revolves around a former salsa-dancing prodigy (Frost) who attempts to regain his dancing form in order to impress his new American boss (Rashida Jones). The pic looks to be an excellent showcase of Frost’s talents in a leading role, and the highlight of this trailer is definitely the chemistry between Frost and Chris O’Dowd, who plays his office nemesis.
Hit the jump to watch the trailer. The film also stars Ian McShane and Olivia Colman. Cuban Fury opens in the UK on Valentine’s Day and is still awaiting a US release date.
A couple of weeks ago, Steve attended the American Film Market (AFM) and was able to snag a few promo posters, images, and synopses for some upcoming films. One such pic happens to be the upcoming salsa dancing revenge comedy Cuban Fury, and we’ve now got a detailed synopsis and the first images from the film. The story revolves around a former salsa-dancing prodigy (Nick Frost) who attempts to regain his dancing form in order to impress his new American boss (Rashida Jones). The pic is based on an original idea by Frost and also stars Bridesmaids standout Chris O’Dowd as Frost’s nemesis.
Hit the jump to check out the images and synopsis. Directed by James Griffiths, the film also stars Ian McShane and Olivia Colman. Cuban Fury opens on March 22 in the UK and Ireland.
If you haven’t been following along with the developments of Cuban Fury, starring Nick Frost (Paul), Rashida Jones (I Love You, Man) and Chris O’Dowd (Bridesmaids), this new video blog will get you up to speed. The behind-the-scenes featurette shows off the first look at footage from the dance comedy. Cuban Fury stars Frost as a former salsa prodigy who attempts to regain his dancing form in order to impress his new American boss (Jones) with O’Dowd acting as a cock block. James Griffiths (Up All Night) directs from a Jon Brown (Mongrels) script. Cuban Fury, also starring Ian McShane (Snow White and the Huntsman) as Frost’s dance instructor, opens March 22nd of next year in the UK and Ireland. Hit the jump to check out the video.
A couple of new release dates have been announced. First up, Lee Daniels’ adaptation of The Paperboy will hit theaters on October 5th (per Deadline). The film stars Matthew McConaughey and Zac Efron as two brothers who team-up to investigate the potential wrongful conviction of a death-row inmate played by John Cusack. The film was met with a less-than-enthusiastic response at the Cannes Film Festival, but I’m still interested in seeing the pic based on the impressive cast. The drama faces considerable competition on that October release date, as Frankenweenie, Taken 2, the a capella comedy Pitch Perfect and the horror film Sinister all open on the same day.
Additionally, Studio Canal and Big Talk Pictures have set the salsa dancing revenge comedy (how’s that for a genre?) Cuban Fury for release on March 22nd in the UK and Ireland. Nick Frost plays a burgeoning salsa dancing star alongside Rashida Jones, Chris O’Dowd (Bridesmaids), Olivia Colman (Hot Fuzz) and Ian McShane. Production begins next week in London, and hopefully we’ll get a US release date announcement soon. Hit the jump to read the press release.
Casting news updates at a glance:
- Stephen Colbert (Monsters vs Aliens) and Allison Janney (Phineas and Ferb) have been cast in the DreamWorks animated production of Mr. Peabody and Sherman, starring Ty Burrell (Modern Family) and Max Charles (The Amazing Spider-Man) voicing the title roles.
- Ian McShane (Snow White and the Huntsman) will join Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead), Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation) and Chris O’Dowd (Bridesmaids) in dance-off comedy, Cuban Fury.
Hit the jump for more.
Casting news for you today:
- Kellan Lutz (Twilight) and Spencer Locke (Resident Evil: Afterlife) look to play Tarzan and Jane in the Constantin Films production of Tarzan 3D.
- Rashida Jones (I Love You, Man) and Olivia Colman (Tyrannosaur) join Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead) and Chris O’Dowd (Bridesmaids) in dance-revenge comedy, Cuban Fury.
- Ashley Bell (The Last Exorcism) is set to join the romantic comedy, The Bounceback.
- Renee Olstead (The Secret Life of the American Teenager) has been cast in the indie horror film, The Midnight Game.
Hit the jump for more.
We have some casting additions for you today. Here they are at a glance:
- Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead) and Chris O’Dowd (Bridesmaids) will square off in the salsa-dancing revenge comedy, Cuban Fury.
- Michael Nyqvist (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) has joined the untitled adaptation of Anton Chekhov’s play, The Seagull.
Hit the jump for more on each project.