We’ve got a few new images from the following films for you to check out:
- Vampire Academy - Mark Waters’ adaptation of Richelle Mead’s novel, starring Zoey Deutch, Lucy Fry and Olga Kurylenko. Vampire Academy opens February 14, 2014.
- Endless Love – Shana Feste’s romantic drama starring Alex Pettyfer and Gabriella Wilde. Endless Love also opens February 14, 2014.
- August: Osage County - John Wells’ adaptation of Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer Prize-winning play presents the mother-daughter duo of Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep in appropriate fashion. The film also stars Ewan McGregor, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Margo Martindale and opens on December 25th. Read Matt’s review from TIFF here.
Hit the jump to see the images.
The first trailer for writer-director Shana Feste’s Endless Love is now available. The remake of the 1981 original, Endless Love stars Alex Pettyfer (Magic Mike) and Gabriella Wilde (The Three Musketeers) as two teenagers in love who are kept apart by their parents. While the trailer paints a tragic-yet-sexy romance in the vein of a Nicholas Sparks’ movie, the source novel for the original film was written by Scott Spencer. It remains to be seen just how close this new iteration sticks to the book, but for fans of Fifty Shades of Grey who are dismayed at the film’s recent casting troubles, Endless Love looks like it could be a temporary balm.
Also starring Robert Patrick, Bruce Greenwood, Rhys Wakefield, Dayo Okeniyi, Emma Rigby and Joley Richardson, Endless Love opens in theaters February 14, 2014. Hit the jump to watch the trailer.
Here are the latest release dates for the following films:
- Oldboy – The Spike Lee-directed remake of Chan-wook Park’s revenge thriller stars Josh Brolin, Elizabeth Olsen and Sharlto Copley, and will now open two weeks later on October 25th.
- Endless Love – Shana Feste’s remake of the 1981 film stars Alex Pettyfer and Gabriella Wilde. The picture will open on Valentine’s Day, February 14, 2014.
Release dates courtesy of Box Office Mojo.
After an extensive casting search, the leads have been set for director Shana Feste’s (Country Strong) remake of the 1981 film Endless Love. Variety reports that Alex Pettyfer (Magic Mike) and Gabriella Wilde (The Three Musketeers) will star in the pic, which centers on a passionate relationship between two teenagers. Franco Zeffirelli’s original film starred Brooke Shields and Martin Hewitt and was based on the novel of the same name by Scott Spencer, but it’s unknown how closely Feste’s take will follow the plot of either of those iterations. Feste rewrote the script originally penned by Josh Safran, and Scott Stuber (Ted, Love and Other Drugs) is producing.
Pettyfer and Wilde were cast after a number of screen tests, with Brenton Thwaites, Sarah Bolger, and Olivia Cooke reportedly in the running as well. Pettyfer was last seen in 2012’s Magic Mike and also starred in I Am Number Four and In Time, while Wilde will next be seen as Sue Snell later this year in the Carrie remake opposite Chloe Moretz.
Shana Feste has entered negotiations to tackle a remake of 1981’s Endless Love. Variety reports that Feste, who wrote and directed Country Strong, would rewrite and direct the Endless Love project for Universal and producer Scott Stuber (Ted). Franco Zeffirelli’s original film was based on the book of the same name by Scott Spencer and starred Brooke Shields and Martin Hewitt. The pic centered on the passionate relationship between two teenagers, with plenty of drama to go around.
It’s unknown at this point how close Feste’s iteration will be to the 1981 film or the original novel. In addition to Country Strong, the filmmaker also directed the 2009 drama The Greatest. She’s currently attached to direct a reimagining of The Little Mermaid. Good luck getting Lionel Richie and Diana Ross’ “Endless Love” out of your head for the rest of the day. Hit the jump to watch a trailer for the original.