A new trailer for director Jeremy Lovering’s (Sherlock) horror-thriller In Fear has been released online. The pic is described as a home invasion film that takes place within the confines of a car, as Alice Englert (Beautiful Creatures) and Iain De Caestecker (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) star as a couple who encounter some very unfortunate situations when they get lost in the British highways on their journey to a country getaway and music festival. The high-concept premise is certainly intriguing, and this trailer plays much more like a mood piece rather than a plot-driven trailer, as we don’t really get a clear sense of what’s happening. What is clear, though, is the fact that Englert and Caestecker’s charcters are in for a very bumpy ride.
Hit the jump to watch the trailer. In Fear opens in the UK this fall.
A few new posters have surfaced online. Briefly:
- A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III – Another great poster for director Roman Coppola’s comedy, which stars Charlie Sheen, Jason Schwartzman, and Bill Murray. The film is currently available VOD and hits theaters on February 8th.
- To the Wonder – A UK poster for director Terrence Malick’s upcoming drama, starring Ben Affleck and Olga Kurylenko. The film opens on April 12th.
- In Fear – A fantastic debut Sundance poster for this horror film which takes place entirely inside a car. The film stars Alice Englert and Iain De Caestecker and premieres next week at the Sundance Film Festival.
Hit the jump to check out the posters and synopses.
The 2013 Sundance Film Festival is in the midst of unveiling its lineups, and today we’ve got the first images from some films that will be playing as part of the Park City at Midnight program. Briefly:
- Ass Backwards – Directed by Chris Nelson, written by June Diane Raphael and Casey Wilson, starring Raphael, Wilson, Vincent D’Onofrio, Alicia Silverstone, Jon Cryer, and Brian Geraghty.
- Hell Baby – Written and directed by Robert Ben Garant and Thomas Lennon, starring Rob Corddry, Leslie Bibb, Keegan Michael Key, Riki Lindhome, Paul Scheer, and Rob Huebel.
- In Fear – Directed and story by Jeremy Lovering, starring Alice Englert, Iain De Caestecker, and Allen Leech.
- kink – Directed by Christina Voros.
Hit the jump to check out the images and synopses. The 2013 Sundance Film Festival runs from January 17 – 27.
Yesterday the 2013 Sundance Film Festival announced the lineup for films competing in the Dramatic and Documentary categories, and today they’ve unveiled the films that will screen in the Spotlight, Park City at Midnight, and New Frontier programs. Films of note include Take Shelter director Jeff Nichols’ new film Mud starring Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon, the U.S. premiere of Ben Wheatley’s Sightseers, the Robert Ben Garant/Thomas Lennon comedy Hell Baby, and the horror anthology sequel S-VHS.
Hit the jump to see the full lineup, and click here to check out all of our Sundance coverage thus far. The 2013 Sundance Film Festival runs January 17 – 27.
Steve attended the American Film Market (AFM) a few weeks back, and he was able to bring back a few promo images, posters, and synopses for some upcoming films. Today we’ve got the first image and synopsis for the comedy The Look of Love and the first synopsis for the psychological horror film In Fear. Directed by Michael Winterbottom (The Trip), Steve Coogan stars in The Look of Love as a legendary gentleman’s club owner and erotic publisher in London. The cast also includes Anna Friel (Pushing Daisies), Tamsin Egerton (Huge), and Imogen Poots (Jane Eyre).
Additionally, we’ve got the first synopsis for the horror film In Fear. Directed by Jeremy Lovering, the film stars Alice Englert (Beautiful Creatures) and is described as a home invasion film in a car. The story plays out in real time as we follow a couple trapped in a maze of country roads with only their vehicle for protection. Hit the jump for the image and synopses.