We’ve got some new images from the following films:
- Maps to the Stars – Director David Cronenberg’s new film following a Hollywood dynasty family and starring John Cusack, Julianne Moore, Mia Wasikowska, Robert Pattinson, Olivia Williams and Sarah Gadon.
- Kill Me Three Times - Kriv Stenders directs Simon Pegg, Luke Hemsworth, Sullivan Stapleton, Alice Braga, Bryan Brown, Callan Mulvey and Teresa Palmer in a multi-tiered thriller that incorporates blackmail, assassins, and a small-town Lady Macbeth.
- Three Days to Kill – McG’s hitman thriller starring Kevin Costner, Amber Heard, Hailee Steinfeld and Connie Nielsen. The film is slated to open February 21, 2014.
- Madame Bovary - Sophie Barthes directs this adaptation of the Gustave Flaubert novel starring Mia Wasikowska, Ezra Miller, Paul Giamatti, Rhys Ifans, Henry Lloyd-Hughes, Logan Marshall-Green, Olivier Gourmet and Laura Carmichael.
- Brick Mansions – Camille Delamarre’s remake of District 13, with Paul Walker, RZA and David Belle.
- The Woman in Black: Angel of Death – Tom Harper directs the Hammer horror follow-up, starring Jeremy Irvine, Phoebe Fox, Helen McCrory and Oaklee Pendergast..
Hit the jump to check them out.
A bit more casting to pass on before the night ends:
- Margot Robbie is nearly set to sign on for the female lead in Focus opposite Will Smith. They plan con artists in Glenn Ficarra and John Requa‘s follow-up to Crazy, Stupid, Love.
- David Cronenberg cast Emilia McCarthy, Jayne Heitmeyer, and Justin Kelly in his next feature, Maps to the Stars. Julianne Moore, Mia Wasikowska, Robert Pattinson, John Cusack, Olivia Williams and Sarah Gadon also star.
HIt the jump for more on both projects.
The indie dramedy The English Teacher tells the story of Linda Sinclair (Julianne Moore), a 40-year-old, unmarried high school English teacher in small town Pennsylvania. With no children and no relationships to speak of, her life is uncomplicated, which is just how she likes it. Her greatest passion and her biggest fulfillment comes from helping her impressionable young students discover their own creative voices, until a former star student (Michael Angarano) returns and threatens to undo it all.
During this recent exclusive phone interview with Collider, co-stars Julianne Moore and Michael Angarano talked about how they came to the project, what they enjoyed most about playing their characters, and how much they enjoyed the experience of working with each other. Julianne also spoke about the next film she’ll be shooting, Maps to the Stars, directed by David Cronenberg, while Michael spoke about how he’s shooting the remake of Heat with Jason Statham, and they both talked about why Hollywood loves remakes, and what might entice them to working in a really great role on cable television. Check out what they had to say after the jump.
The cast is finally coming together for director David Cronenberg’s next film. Cronenberg’s Cosmopolis star Robert Pattinson has long been attached to appear in Maps to the Stars, and now THR reports that Julianne Moore, John Cusack, and Sarah Gadon (A Dangerous Method) are set to round out the cast. Written by Bruce Wagner (Wild Palms), the film is described as a ghost story that “offers a critique of celebrity-obsessed society in Los Angeles,” the latter of which is quite a popular topic in film culture at the moment with Sofia Coppola’s similarly-themed film The Bling Ring set to hit theaters this summer.
There’s no word on the characters that the aforementioned actors will play, but production is set to begin in July in Toronto and Los Angeles with Entertainment One Films onboard to finance and distribute the indie. Cronenberg previously stated that he was hoping to nab Viggo Mortensen to star in Maps to the Stars as well, but one assumes Cusack ended up taking that role instead.
David Cronenberg‘s latest film, Cosmopolis, picked up some positive buzz last week when it premiered at the Cannes Film Festival. Now the director is looking to reunite not only with that film’s star, Robert Pattinson, but with frequent collaborator Viggo Mortensen. And while we previously reported that Pattinson was looking to team up with Cronenberg for a movie set in France, apparently Cronenberg’s next movie, Maps to the Stars, will be set in the good ol’ U.S. of A.
Hit the jump for more.