While you might not know the name Randall Emmett, it’s likely you’ve seen at least one of the eighty films he’s produced. And with his company now funding higher profile movies like 2 Guns, Lone Survivor, Escape Plan, and many others, he’s definitely making a name for himself in Hollywood. A few days ago in New York City, I sat down with him for an extended interview. Here are a few things I learned about some of his upcoming projects:
- Baltasar Kormákur‘s Everest is in pre-production. Filming will begin in November and will take place in the Italian Alps, Nepal, and on stages in London. Cast is in final negotiations.
- Martin Scorsese’s Silence starts filming next June. Scorsese has already been on location scouts.
- Witch Hunter with Vin Diesel starts production in February, directly after Diesel finishes Fast & Furious 7.
- They just secured writers for Monopoly, which centers on a father and son.
- Hungry Hungry Hippos will be a blend of 2D and CG animation.
- What happened to Red Sonja? Casting was always a big issue, the script was never right, and they had a bunch of different directors coming in and out.
Hit the jump for how 2 Guns came together, working with director Peter Berg on Lone Survivor, how he’s able to finance movies, how he started as Wahlberg’s assistant many years ago, what happened with Buck Rogers, the status of another Rambo, how Escape Plan is a contemporary version of an 80s film, and so much more. Hit the jump to watch.