Relativity Media has done some shuffling on their schedule. The studio has set October 4th for Out of the Furnace, the new film from Scott Cooper (Crazy Heart). The film centers on Russell Baze (Christian Bale), who is released after serving four years in prison only to find that his younger brother, Rodney Baze Jr. (Casey Affleck), has been brutally murdered. He sets out to avenge the death and track down the killer. The film also stars Sam Shepard, Zoe Saldana, Forest Whitaker, and Woody Harrelson. Looking at the film’s pedigree, I would not be surprised to see the movie show up at TIFF. Out of the Furnace will share October 4th with the Vince Vaughn comedy The Delivery Man, Alfonso Cuaron‘s sci-fi film Gravity, and Robert Rodriguez‘ Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
Paranoia previously held the October 4th date for Relativity, but it will now move to August 16th to play against Kick-Ass 2 and the Aubrey Plaza comedy The To Do List. Paranoia stars Liam Hemsworth as Adam Cassidy, an entry-level employee at a corporation run by Nicholas Wyatt (Gary Oldman). When Wyatt turns Cassidy into a corporate spy against rival Jock Goddard (Harrison Ford), Cassidy is drawn into a dangerous web of intrigue. Hit the jump for a full list and synopses for Relativity’s upcoming slate, which also includes Luc Besson‘s Malavita, Joseph Gordon-Levitt‘s Don Jon, and the animated film Free Birds (click here to see a standee for that film from CinemaCon).
The first images have been released from Robert Luketic‘s upcoming thriller Paranoia. The film stars Liam Hemsworth as Adam Cassidy, an entry-level employee at a corporation run by Nicholas Wyatt (Gary Oldman). When Wyatt turns Cassidy into a corporate spy against rival Jock Goddard (Harrison Ford), Cassidy is drawn into a dangerous web of intrigued. I’m currently indifferent regarding Hemsworth since I haven’t really see what he can do as a leading man (he was barely in The Hunger Games), but I’m eager to see the face off between Oldman and Ford.
Hit the jump to check out the images. The film also stars Lucas Till, Amber Heard, Embeth Davidtz, Julian McMahon, and Josh Holloway. Paranoia opens October 4, 2013.
Let’s take a look at some new and shuffled release dates:
- Shawn Levy’s The Internship, starring Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson, moves up a few weeks from June 28th to June 7th, 2013.
- Paranoia, from director Robert Luketic and starring Liam Hemsworth, Gary Oldman and Harrison Ford, moves back from September 27th to October 4th, 2013.
- Dead Man Down, starring Colin Farrell, Noomi Rapace, Terrence Howard and Dominic Cooper, moves up a month from April 5th to March 8th, 2013.
- Scott Charles Stewart’s thriller Dark Skies starring Keri Russell and Dakota Goyo gets a release date of February 22nd, 2013.
- Disneynature’s Bears, directed by Keith Scholey (African Cats) and Alastair Fothergill (Chimpanzee), gets the somewhat less generic release date of April 2014 (it was previously listed as Spring 2014).
- Admission, the comedy from director Paul Weitz that stars Tina Fey and Paul Rudd, gets a release date of March 8th, 2013.
Hit the jump for plot info on each film.
Production is currently underway on director Robert Luketic’s (21) thriller Paranoia, and we’ve got our first semi-look at the characters played by Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman. I say semi-look because it’s not an official image or a set photo, but instead a picture of Ford and Oldman out to dinner in Philadelphia where the pic is filming. The noteworthy bit here is that Ford has gone nearly bald for his role as the mentor to an ambitious young technologist played by Liam Hemsworth. Oldman plays a ruthless CEO who blackmails Hemsworth’s character into infiltrating and spying on his company’s top competitor, which is run by Ford. The impressive cast is rounded out by the likes of Amber Heard, Josh Holloway, and Richard Dreyfuss.
Hit the jump to take a peek at what Ford and Oldman’s characters look like in the film. Paranoia opens on September 27th, 2013.
Filming has begun on Robert Luketic‘s thriller Paranoia. The film stars Liam Hemsworth as a telecom employee who is blackmailed by his boss into spying on a rival company. I don’t know if Hemsworth can lead a film, but he’s got a strong supporting cast backing him up on Paranoia. The film also stars Gary Oldman, Harrison Ford, Lucas Till, Amber Heard, Embeth Davidtz, Julian McMahon, Josh Holloway, and Richard Dreyfuss. While I think Hemsworth has leading man potential, I have far less faith in Luketic, whose previous films include 21, The Ugly Truth, and Killers. However, the corporate-espionage world of Paranoia is a far cry from anything else Luketic has done, so maybe he’ll have his first good film since his feature debut, 2001′s Legally Blonde.
Hit the jump for the press release, which includes the official synopsis. Paranoia is due out September 27, 2013.
By popular demand, our latest casting update:
- Josh Holloway will join Liam Hemsworth, Harrison Ford, Gary Oldman, Amber Heard, and more in the thriller Paranoia
- Abigail Breslin will star opposite Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep in August: Osage County
Hit the jump for details on both projects.
This edition of casting notices may feature our biggest age gap yet*: 45 years!
- 19-year-old Will Poulter will star opposite Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis in the pot comedy We’re the Millers.
- 65-year-old Richard Dreyfuss booked two films, the thriller Paranoia and the coming-of-age drama Very Good Girls.
Hit the jump for details on each project.
Director Robert Luketic (21) has finally found his female lead for the thriller Paranoia. Liam Hemsworth stars as a blue collar guy whose costly and legal mistake at his entry-level job at Wyatt Telecom leads to a deal between him and his ruthless boss. The CEO promises not to turn Hemsworth’s character in as long as he agrees to infiltrate the competition as a corporate spy. Things escalate and the young man soon discovers that his boss will stop at nothing to demolish the competition.
Variety reports that Amber Heard (The Rum Diary) has been set as the female lead, an intended one night stand who becomes an asset to Hemsworth when he learns that she works at the rival company. The impressive cast also includes Gary Oldman, Harrison Ford, and Lucas Till. Production on Paranoia begins next month ahead of a September 2013 release date. Heard recently landed a role as an assassin in the sequel Machete Kills.
Relativity Media announced today that it has acquired US distribution rights for the thriller Paranoia, and they’ve slated the film for a September 27th, 2013 release date. Robert Luketic (21) is onboard to direct, with Liam Hemsworth starring as a blue collar guy whose costly and legal mistake at his entry-level job at Wyatt Telecom leads to a deal between him and ruthless CEO Nicholas Wyatt. The CEO promises not to turn Hemsworth’s character in as long as he agrees to infiltrate the competition as a corporate spy. Things escalate and the young man soon discovers that his boss will stop at nothing to demolish the competition.
The impressive cast includes Gary Oldman, Harrison Ford, and Lucas Till. Though it’s not specified in the press release, I’m assuming Oldman plays the ruthless CEO since he’s listed second among the cast. Production is set to begin this summer, and currently the only other film slated for release during the month of September in 2013 is the 3D re-release of The Little Mermaid. Hit the jump to read the press release, which also includes a full synopsis.
We have some movie casting updates to share with you today. Here they are at a glance:
- Lucas Till (X-Men: First Class) is in talks to join the corporate espionage thriller Paranoia opposite Liam Hemsworth.
- T.R. Knight (Grey’s Anatomy) will join the Jackie Robinson biopic, 42, where he will play the Dodgers traveling secretary tasked with sussing out the housing situation once Robinson joins the team.
- Adepero Oduye (Pariah) is in negotiations to join Steve McQueen’s Twelve Years a Slave with Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael Fassbender and Brad Pitt.
Hit the jump for much more on each project.
In what’s shaping up to be a superb cast out of the gates, Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman are in late-stage negotiations to join the corporate espionage thriller, Paranoia. Headlined by Liam Hemsworth (The Hunger Games), Paranoia takes place in the business world (obviously) and involves a duel between telecom giants. Plot and casting details are under wraps at the moment, but with production scheduled to begin this summer, that should change shortly. Directed by Robert Luketic (21) – whose diamond heist picture, Brilliant, has experienced delays – Paranoia will shoot on location in New York and Mumbai. Deadline reports that Luketic will direct the IM Global picture from a recent script draft by Jason Hall (Spread).