Think you’ve seen all the promotional material for Marvel’s Iron Man 3? Nope! Wrong again! Today we have a couple different looks at a 3D projectionist’s guide for Shane Black’s threequel starring Robert Downey Jr., plus a rare poster available only to an Entertainment Weekly subscriber who attends tonight’s early screening of Iron Man 3 as part of EW’s CapeTown Film Festival. Hit the jump to check them out.
Also starring Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Stephanie Szostak, James Badge Dale, Jon Favreau and Sir Ben Kingsley, Iron Man 3 opens in 3D on May 3rd.
Okay, so we just featured these same movies in a poster article yesterday, but the posters are new … I promise!
- Star Trek Into Darkness – The last character poster from J.J. Abrams’ sequel is for Dr. Carol Marcus (Alice Eve). Star Trek Into Darkness opens May 17th.
- Red 2 – Today’s poster features Mary-Louise Parker. The Dean Parisot-directed sequel stars Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, Anthony Hopkins and Byung-hun Lee. Red 2 opens July 19th.
- CBGB – Taylor Hawkins of Foo Fighters is featured on today’s poster. Chronicling the quest of Hilly Kristal (Alan Rickman) to turn a small club into the legendary punk venue, CBGB also stars Ashley Greene, Malin Akerman, Johnny Galecki, Rupert Grint, and Stana Katic.
Hit the jump for the posters and synopses.
6 posters, 5 character posters, 4 movies. Let’s go:
- Star Trek Into Darkness – Two character posters for Sulu (John Cho) and Bones (Karl Urban)
- Red 2 – The posters highlight two additions to the cast for the spy sequel, Anthony Hopkins and Byung-hun Lee. Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, and Helen Mirren star.
- The East – Brit Marling stars as an operative for a private intelligence firm who goes undercover to infiltrate an anarchist collective that attacks corporations. Alexander Skarsgard, Ellen Page, and Patricia Clarkson co-star.
- CBGB – Chronicles the quest of Hilly Kristal (Alan Rickman) to turn a small club into the legendary punk venue. Ashley Greene, Malin Akerman, Johnny Galecki, Rupert Grint, and Stana Katic co-star.
See the posters after the break.
The first clip from the new batch of Arrested Development episodes has landed online, and it appears that the relationship between Tony Hale’s Buster and Jessica Walter’s Lucille hasn’t changed a bit. The clip provides a tiny hint as to what Lucille has been up to since the events of the season three finale, but mainly it just showcases the series’ wonderful sense of humor that’s been sorely missing from our lives for far too long. Additionally, Netflix has released a new batch of character posters for the new episodes that features the entire cast along with some rather familiar taglines.
Hit the jump to check out the clip and posters, and if you missed the EW covers and new images from yesterday, click here. Netflix will release all 15 new episodes of Arrested Development at once on May 26th.
We’ve got quite a few new posters to share this evening. Briefly:
- Rush – The new poster for director Ron Howard’s F1 racing drama starring Chris Hemsworth, Daniel Bruhl, and Olivia Wilde. The film opens on September 20, 2013.
- The Way, Way Back – A new poster for the Sundance hit takes the film’s water park theme to heart. The pic stars Sam Rockwell, Steve Carell, and Toni Collette and opens on July 5th. Read Matt’s review here.
- Red 2 – A couple of new character posters for the sequel showcase stars Helen Mirren and Catherine Zeta-Jones. The film opens on July 19th.
- Before Midnight – A photoshop heavy debut poster for the third film in Richard Linklater’s Before series. The film stars Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy and opens on May 24th. Read Matt’s review here.
- Carrie – A new UK poster for director Kimberly Peirce’s remake shows the intensity of star Chloe Grace Moretz. The film also stars Julianne Moore and opens on October 18th.
- V/H/S/2 – The poster for the horror anthology sequel is rather teasing, but nonetheless straightforward. The film opens on July 12th. Read Matt’s review here.
Hit the jump to check out the posters and synopses.
This week has been nothing but great for Trekkies everywhere who are anxiously awaiting the release of J.J. Abrams’ sequel Star Trek Into Darkness. And Paramount has now made available a new Spock promo featuring Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch, as well as two new character posters for Simon Pegg’s Scotty and Anton Yelchin’s Chekov. The promo is a combination of various Spock scenes with images of Cumberbatch’s menacing antagonist. It’s perfectly laced together with the villain’s voice as he threatens to use Spock’s uniqueness and feelings of alienation against him. Meanwhile, the character posters show some intense moments as both Scotty and Chekov seem to be in two very different perilous situations. Scotty is seen running at mighty speed to avoid sparks and possible falling debris, while Chekov looks like he’s being faced with an extremely difficult task.
Hit the jump to watch the promo and view the new character posters. The film also stars Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Alice Eve, Karl Urban, and John Cho. Star Trek Into Darkness opens in IMAX 3D on May 15th and in 2D and 3D on May 17th.
A couple of new character posters have been released for director Dean Parisot’s (Galaxy Quest) Red 2, a much-anticipated sequel to an indulgently fun summer blockbuster franchise. The new posters showcase stars Bruce Willis and John Malkovich in all of their “retired” glory. The sequel finds Frank Moses (Willis) pitted against Victoria (Helen Mirren) when M16 gives the go ahead to his assassination by declaring him Interpol’s “most wanted.” All the while, Moses and his team work to track down a missing nuclear device. Mary-Louise Parker will return while Catherine Zeta Jones, Byung Hun, and Anthony Hopkins join the cast.
Although Red 2 looks indulgent (much like The Expendables franchise), we all can admit that we like to watch Willis blow stuff up and we enjoy seeing Malkovich, well, be himself. Hit the jump to check out the new posters and to read the full synopsis. Red 2 opens on July 19th.
Some new U.K. character posters for J.J. Abrams’ upcoming sequel Star Trek Into Darkness have made their way online. We previously saw a few domestic character posters for Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, and Benedict Cumberbatch, but in this grouping we see Alice Eve, John Cho, and Karl Urban get their own one-sheets alongside new posters for the aforementioned actors. The lack of Anton Yelchin’s Chekov in most of the marketing, though, is starting to become glaring, and I’m beginning to wonder about his character’s fate. Also, where’s Scotty’s poster? Surely Simon Pegg deserves a one-sheet of his own, especially as part of the U.K.’s marketing materials.
Hit the jump to check out the posters. Star Trek Into Darkness opens in the U.K. on May 9th, in IMAX 3D in the U.S. on May 15th, and in traditional U.S. theaters on May 17th.
We have a nice collection of posters tonight:
- Pacific Rim – Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba, Rinko Kikuchi, Charlie Day, and Ron Perlman star in Guillermo del Toro‘s dream that pits giant monsters against giant robots.
- CBGB – Chronicles the quest of Hilly Kristal (Alan Rickman) to turn a small club into the legendary punk venue. Ashley Greene, Malin Akerman, Johnny Galecki, and Rupert Grint co-star.
- The Internship – Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson play two out-of-work salesmen who take internships at Google to prove their worth in the modern digital workplace.
- Black Rock – Kate Bosworth, Lake Bell, and Katie Aselton star in the horror movie set on an empty island off the coast of Maine, directed by Aselton.
See the posters after the jump.
While I’m sure many of you are still reeling from that stellar Man of Steel trailer that dropped last week, a few other Superman-related goodies have now surfaced online by way of a new poster, banner, and a couple of Man of Steel-infused covers for Empire Magazine. The new poster maintains the basic layout of the previous ones, but this time we see Supes standing outside a snow-laden Fortress of Solitude, while the Empire covers give us a great look at Michael Shannon’s General Zod from head to toe.
Hit the jump to check them out. The film also stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fisburne, and Antje Traue. Man of Steel opens in 3D on June 14th. [Update: We've now learned that the posters are fanmade.]
One of the more widely-praised festival hits from the past few years is director Adam Wingard’s horror film You’re Next. Matt had very positive things to say about the pic in his review from the 2011 Toronto Film Festival, and now Lionsgate has finally slated the film for release later this year. The story centers on a family reunion that turns deadly when the family becomes targeted by murderers sporting some incredibly creepy animal masks. The studio released a fantastic first trailer for the pic last month, and it now looks like they’re taking their marketing campaign to the streets. Hit the jump to see images of You’re Next‘s poster takeover.
Check out the newest posters from the following films:
- Only God Forgives - Director Nicolas Winding Refn and star Ryan Gosling reunite for this violent and vengeful undertaking about the criminal underworld of Bangkok, Thailand. Also starring Kristin Scott Thomas and Tom Burke, Only God Forgives opens July 19th.
- Turbo – DreamWorks Animation’s new film featuring the voices of Ryan Reynolds, Paul Giamatti, Michael Peña, Maya Rudolph, Luis Guzmán, Snoop Dogg, Bill Hader, Ken Jeong, Michelle Rodriguez and Richard Jenkins opens July 17th.
- The Great Gatsby – Baz Lurhmann’s adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novel stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, Tobey Maguire, Isla Fisher, Joel Edgerton, Jason Clarke and Adelaide Clemens opens May 10th.
Hit the jump to view the posters and synopses.
Universal has released a few new posters for director Justin Lin’s upcoming sequel Fast & Furious 6. The film moves the action of the franchise across the pond to Europe, where Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) is trying to stop a group of mercenary drivers led by an unnamed mastermind (Luke Evans) and Letty (Michelle Rodriguez). Hobbs recruits Dom (Vin Diesel) and his crew to help bring down the criminal outfit, and in exchange will provide pardons for the Rio heist. These new posters highlight the characters played by Johnson, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris, Sung Kang, and Gal Gadot.
Hit the jump to take a look at the new posters, and click here if you missed the posters Steve found at CinemaCon. The film also stars Paul Walker, Jordana Brewster, Elsa Pataky, and Gina Carano. Fast & Furious 6 opens May 24th.
Steve is currently in Las Vegas for CinemaCon, a convention for theater owners, and he was able to snap a photo of a couple of new posters for director Shawn Levy’s (Night at the Museum) upcoming comedy The Internship. The film reteams Wedding Crashers stars Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson as two out-of-work salesmen who attempt to reinvent themselves by competing against young up-and-comers for an internship at Google. The new posters boast the faces of both Vaughn and Wilson while revealing the film’s tagline, “Crashing the System,” which is in keeping with the generation gap-centric theme of the comedy.
Hit the jump to check out the new posters, and if you missed any of Steve’s previous CinemaCon coverage click here. The Internship opens on June 7th.
Warner Bros. has released a new trailer for The Hangover Part III. The first trailer almost made the movie look like an action flick, but now we’re getting a look at the comedy and the plot. In the series’ final installment, Stu (Ed Helms), Phil (Bradley Cooper), and Doug (Justin Bartha) are taking Alan (Zach Galifianakis) to a psychiatric hospital, but the gang is side-trekked when a mysterious man (John Goodman) kidnaps Doug and forces the wolf pack to track down Mr. Chow (Ken Jeong), who stole $21 million from Goodman’s character. There are some good laughs in here, so hopefully the trilogy will go out on a high note.
Hit the jump to watch the new trailer and to check out a few new posters. The film stars Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, Justin Bartha, Ken Jeong, Heather Graham, John Goodman, Mike Epps, Mike Tyson, and Jeffrey Tambor. The Hangover Part III opens on May 24th.