Today we’re sharing our final portion of Steve’s wide-ranging interview with director Shawn Levy. Steve recently got the chance to sit down with Levy in order to talk a bit about the visual effects work in Real Steel in lieu of the film’s Oscar nomination for Best Visual Effects. Over the past few days, we’ve been bringing you various portions of the interview in which Levy gave updates on the many, many projects he currently has in development as:
- The visual effects of Real Steel and the status of a Real Steel sequel.
- Updates on Interns starring Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson, Fantastic Voyage, and Frankenstein.
- The adaptation of The Ten Best Days of My Life starring Amy Adams and the time travel pic Home Movies.
- Animated King Kong re-imagining Kong and adaptations of the childrens books The Devil You Know and Fancy Nancy with Tina Fey.
- Table 19 with Jeffrey Blitz, Kodachrome, and the hold-up on the Mr. Men movie.
- A mysterious project from Lost’s Carlton Cuse starring Hugh Jackman, How to Talk to Girls, Deadliest Warrior, Henchman, Neighborhoord Watch, and why Interns is probably his next project.
In our final portion of the interview, we’ve got updates from Levy on Night at the Museum 3, The Fight Before Christmas (which is being rewritten by Jeremy Garelick), The Cannonball Run and The Three Misfortunes of Geppetto (which Levy may not direct after all). Hit the jump to see what he had to say.