The latest effort from Hammer Films, The Quiet Ones, isn’t due out until April 25th, but we have three character motion posters to put you in the mood right now. John Pogue directs this horror film, based on true events, that finds a university professor and his students participating in an experiment with a troubled young girl, and unwittingly unleashing dark forces. The motion posters, which are delightfully creepy, feature the principal cast of Jared Harris, Sam Claflin, and Olivia Cooke. Erin Richards and Rory Fleck-Byrne also star. Hit the jump to check out the motion posters.
Check out some new posters from the following films:
- The Quiet Ones – John Pogue’s horror film starring Jared Harris, Sam Claflin, Erin Richards, Rory Fleck-Byrne, and Olivia Cooke opens April 25th.
- Muppets Most Wanted – James Bobin’s Muppets caper stars Ricky Gervais, Ty Burrell, and Tina Fey, and opens March 21st.
- Cuban Fury - James Griffiths’ dance comedy starring Nick Frost, Rashida Jones, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Chris O’Dowd opens February 14th in the U.K.
Hit the jump to take a look.
Lionsgate has released a full trailer for the upcoming horror film The Quiet Ones. The film stars Jared Harris as an unorthodox professor who sets up a series of dangerous experiments in order to create a poltergeist from negative human energy. I’m a sucker for horror films set at least forty years in the past, and that was one of the things I liked best about The Conjuring. The Quiet Ones looks like it has some similarities by using a mix of creepy recorded footage and the supernatural evil attacking the researchers. Aside from some questionable CGI at the end, this could be damn fine horror flick.
Hit the jump to check out the trailer along with a new image. The film also stars Sam Claflin, Erin Richards, Rory Fleck-Byrne, and Olivia Cooke. The Quiet Ones opens April 25th.
Hammer Films has released the first trailer for director John Pogue’s (Quarantine 2) supernatural horror film The Quiet Ones. From the studio behind The Woman in Black, the film stars Jared Harris as an unorthodox professor who sets up a series of dangerous experiments in order to create a poltergeist from negative human energy. While genuinely good original horror films are few and far between these days, The Quiet Ones doesn’t look half bad. There’s a nice aesthetic to the piece that evokes the found footage genre without feeling forced, and Harris is pretty intimidating as the film’s lead.
Hit the jump to watch the UK trailer. The film also stars Sam Claflin, Olivia Cooke, and Erin Richards. The Quiet Ones opens in theaters on April 11, 2014.
Straight out of the American Film Market (AFM), we’ve got a few more images and synopses to share this afternoon. Briefly:
- Snitch – Dwayne Johnson stars as a father whose son is wrongly accused of a crime and sentenced to 10 years in jail. In order to clear the boy’s name, he must go undercover and risk his own life. The film opens on February 22nd, 2013 and also stars Susan Sarandon, Benjamin Bratt, and Barry Pepper.
- The Quiet Ones – From the same studio behind The Woman in Black, this horror film stars Jared Harris (Mad Men) as a professor who, accompanied by a small group of scientists, sets out to create a poltergeist by causing negative human energy. The film also stars Sam Claflin.
- Project Blue Book – In keeping with the found footage trend, this film puts a spin on the sci-fi genre as the story of a family lost in the mountains of North Carolina who encounter extraterrestrials is told entirely through the lens of a young boy’s camera.
Hit the jump to check out the images and synopses.
Hammer Films, the studio behind this year’s horror hit The Woman in Black, has released a sneak peek at their next foray into the genre: The Quiet Ones. The supernatural thriller is directed by John Pogue (Quarantine 2) and stars Jared Harris (Mad Men) as an unorthodox professor “who uses controversial methods and leads his students off the grid to take part in a dangerous experiment: to create a poltergeist from negative human energy.” The story takes place in the 1970s and also stars Snow White and the Huntsman’s Sam Claflin, who was recently cast as Finnick in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
This sneak peek takes us behind the scenes of the film’s shoot, as various people involved with the film talk about the story, production, and setting. Hit the jump to take a look.
Let’s talk movie casting additions for a change of pace from all of the TV news we posted earlier today. Here are the new announcements in brief:
Hit the jump for more.
Jared Harris (Mad Men) is set to lead Hammer Films’ supernatural horror-thriller The Quiet Ones. The movie, which is Hammer’s follow-up to the successful The Woman in Black, has Harris playing the unorthodox but charismatic Professor Joseph Coupland, “who uses controversial methods and leads his best students off the grid to take part in a dangerous experiment: to create a poltergeist from negative human energy.” Mad Men made me a fan of Harris, and I was disappointed that he was so underutilized in his role as Professor Moriarty in Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. I’m glad Hammer has decided to put him in a lead role for a movie that sounds like it could be a fun horror flick.
Hit the jump to check out the press release. Harris will next be seen in theaters in Steven Spielberg‘s Lincoln.