We’ve got some new images from the following films:
- Maps to the Stars – Director David Cronenberg’s new film following a Hollywood dynasty family and starring John Cusack, Julianne Moore, Mia Wasikowska, Robert Pattinson, Olivia Williams and Sarah Gadon.
- Kill Me Three Times - Kriv Stenders directs Simon Pegg, Luke Hemsworth, Sullivan Stapleton, Alice Braga, Bryan Brown, Callan Mulvey and Teresa Palmer in a multi-tiered thriller that incorporates blackmail, assassins, and a small-town Lady Macbeth.
- Three Days to Kill – McG’s hitman thriller starring Kevin Costner, Amber Heard, Hailee Steinfeld and Connie Nielsen. The film is slated to open February 21, 2014.
- Madame Bovary - Sophie Barthes directs this adaptation of the Gustave Flaubert novel starring Mia Wasikowska, Ezra Miller, Paul Giamatti, Rhys Ifans, Henry Lloyd-Hughes, Logan Marshall-Green, Olivier Gourmet and Laura Carmichael.
- Brick Mansions – Camille Delamarre’s remake of District 13, with Paul Walker, RZA and David Belle.
- The Woman in Black: Angel of Death – Tom Harper directs the Hammer horror follow-up, starring Jeremy Irvine, Phoebe Fox, Helen McCrory and Oaklee Pendergast..
Hit the jump to check them out.
With director Robert Luketic’s thriller Paranoia opening this weekend, I recently spoke to some of the cast here in Los Angeles. The film stars Liam Hemsworth as Adam Cassidy, an entry-level employee at a corporation run by Nicholas Wyatt (Gary Oldman). When Wyatt turns Cassidy into a corporate spy against rival Jock Goddard (Harrison Ford), Cassidy is drawn into a dangerous web of intrigue. The pic gives Hemsworth his first leading role, and it’s got some great actors in supporting roles like Lucas Till, Amber Heard, Embeth Davidtz, Julian McMahon, Richard Dreyfuss, Angela Sarafyan, and Josh Holloway in supporting roles. For more on the film, watch these clips or the trailer.
During my video interview with Amber Heard, she talked about working with Ford and Oldman, whether she’s good with technology, what she collects, who has made her laugh the most on set, and what it was like working for McG on Three Days to Kill. Hit the jump to watch.
Relativity Media announced today that director McG’s new action-thriller, tentatively titled Three Days to Kill, will hit theaters on February 14, 2014. Written by Luc Besson and Adi Hasak, the film stars Kevin Costner as an elite government hit man who, after receiving news that he has a terminal disease, decides to give up his high stakes life to build a relationship with his estranged wife and daughter. However, when his agency offers him an experimental, potentially life-saving drug in exchange for one last mission, Costner’s character finds himself juggling caring for his daughter while his wife is away and completing his mission at the same time, all the while experiencing hallucinatory side effects from the drug.
Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit) and Connie Nielsen (Boss) star as Costner’s daughter and wife, respectively, and Amber Heard (The Rum Diary) plays the mysterious woman who offers Costner the drug. On the crowded 2014 Valentine’s Day weekend, Three Days to Kill will open opposite the romantic comedy remake About Last Night, the sci-fi thriller The Maze Runner, the fantasy YA adaptation Vampire Academy, and the romance remake Endless Love.
Check out the latest casting news below:
- Christian Slater (Broken Arrow) and Justin Long (Live Free or Die Hard) join the indie drama Undiscovered Gyrl, an adaptation of Allison Burnett’s novel which Burnett himself will direct.
- Connie Nielsen (Gladiator) has joined the latest McG project, previously reported as Three Days to Kill. The pic is a darkly comic action thriller that involves a Secret Service agent who comes out of retirement for one last mission in exchange for a drug that could save his life.
- Ben Mendelsohn (Killing Them Softly) is in talks to join Mississippi Grind, a road trip pic of sorts with a plot focused on gambling addiction. The indie also stars Jake Gyllenhaal who will produce.
Hit the jump for more on each picture.
Director McG has found his leading lady for the upcoming action thriller Three Days to Kill. Variety reports that Amber Heard (The Rum Diary) is set to star opposite Kevin Costner in the pic for Relativity Media. The script was written by Luc Besson and Adi Hasak and centers on a dying Secret Service agent (Costner) who decides to retire in order to spend time with his estranged family. Heard has been set in the lead female role of “a woman who offers him access to an experimental drug that could save his life in exchange for one last assignment, which Costner must complete while coping with the drug’s hallucinatory side effects.” One imagines McG will try to bring the very visual premise to life with some innovative camera work, so here’s hoping for the best.
Heard most recently wrapped roles in Robert Rodriguez’s sequel Machete Kills and the corporate thriller Paranoia opposite Liam Hemsworth.
We have a couple of quick casting stories for you this morning. First up, I’m pleased to report that Kasi Lemmons‘ gospel musical Black Nativity has finally found a lead actor by casting Oscar-winner Forest Whitaker. As we previously reported, both Samuel L. Jackson and Lawrence Fishburne passed on the movie, which follows a young black teen who spends Christmas with his estranged grandparents. Through his grandfather’s Christmas Eve sermon and a stylized, dream-sequence retelling of the classic Nativity story, he learns about the importance of faith and family. According to Blackfilm, “Whitaker is expected to play multiple characters during the Nativity sequence.” Angela Bassett will play the boy’s grandmother, and Jennifer Hudson will play the mother. As a big fan of Lemmons’ last film, Talk to Me, I’m glad that production is set to begin in January 2013.
Hit the jump for casting news on McG‘s action film starring Kevin Costner.
Kevin Costner (Dances with Wolves) is being courted for substantial roles in a pair of upcoming films. While Costner’s recent work was on the small screen in the History channel’s Hatfields & McCoys, he’ll next be seen on the big screen as Pa Kent in Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel. Now, reports have Costner being courted for Kenneth Branagh’s Jack Ryan film reboot which stars Chris Pine, as well as a Luc Besson production, Three Days to Kill. Hopefully this is a kickstart to seeing more of Costner in features again. More on both of these projects after the jump.