Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell, now airing week nights on FXX, gives the stand-up comedian a platform to hilariously dissect politics, pop culture, race, religion, sex and the media, as only he can. Through a combination of commentary, live guests, sketch comedy and taped segments, he always has a unique and honest point of view.
During this recent exclusive interview with Collider, funnyman W. Kamau Bell talked about finding the groove of the show, what he felt most insecure about when he started, wanting to do his job better and more effectively for the new season and the new network, how his recent live tour has affected things, which guest he’d most like to have on and what he’d like to discuss with them, what he’s most biased about and what he’s totally unbiased about, why social media is beneficial to comedians, and how Chris Rock (who executive produces his show) has most influenced him. Check out what he had to say after the jump.
The return of veteran FX comedies It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (starting its ninth season) and The League (starting its fifth), along with the noteworthy Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell (in its second season) are actually not returning to FX. The network has moved them to its new sister station FXX, which will have more of a focus on the 18-34 year old viewer market. While this trio of shows will anchor the new channel, the rest of the schedule (for the time being) will be filled with comedy reruns.
As for the new seasons though — which return September 4th at 10 p.m. – hit the jump to find out more on how they are holding up in their old age, and why you need to start watching Totally Biased.
FX, home of Sons of Anarchy, Justified, and The Americans (which has already been picked up for a second season), just exploded with information about new spin-off channels, series renewals, new series and more, such as:
- FX has launched a new network, FXX, to appeal to a young adult set of viewers.
- Series renewals include Justified, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The League and Legit, with the latter three moving to FXX in 2014.
- Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell expands to a 5-nights-a week.
- FX orders a 10-episode limited series of Fargo.
- FX orders comedy pilots How and Why from Charlie Kaufman, and Chozen from Grant Dekernion, Danny McBride and the team behind Eastbound & Down.
Hit the jump for all the details.
Rejoice! FX has announced the return dates for two of its most beloved series, Archer and Justified, as well as that Charlie Sheen show Anger Management. Here’s a brief rundown of the premiere dates for FX’s early 2013 series:
- Justified returns for season four on Tuesday, January 8th at 10pm ET/PT.
- Anger Management kicks off its 90-episode run with the two-episode season two premiere on Thursday, January 17th at 9 and 9:30 ET/PT.
- Archer returns for season four on Thursday, January 17th at 10pm ET/PT.
- Legit has its series premiere on Thursday, January 17th at 10:30pm ET/PT.
- Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell begins a new set of episodes on Thursday, January 17th at 11pm ET/PT.
Hit the jump to read the full press release.