Looking for a brilliantly outrageous display of fun spy gadgets, vicious fight sequences and insanely entertaining characters? Kingsman: The Secret Service is a must-see come February 13th. The film stars Colin Firth as Harry Hart, a member of an independent international intelligence agency operating at the highest level of discretion called Kingsman. The group’s in need of a new member and Harry’s candidate for the job is a little unconventional. Whereas most Kingsman candidates are stand-up ladies and gentlemen with impressive backgrounds, Eggsy (Taron Egerton) is a street punk who just got busted for stealing a car.
I could talk about Kingsman: The Secret Service for hours, but while the cast was in New York City for an early press day back in December, I (very happily) had to make due with just four minutes with Egerton, Firth and Sophie Cookson who plays Roxy in the film. We discussed what stunts they did themselves, how they shot that epic church scene, which cast member could actually make it through Kingsman training and score the job, and more. Check it out in the video interview below.
Taron Egerton, Colin Firth and Sophie Cookson:
- If the Kingsman cast went through Kingsman training, who would get the job?
- How much of the stunt work did the actors do themselves?
- Firth on how they shot the church fight sequence.
- Egerton on starring in his first feature film and the most breathtaking moments of the process.
- On the newspaper headlines hanging on the wall in Harry Hart’s office.