Opening this Friday is director Peter Berg’s adaptation of the board game Battleship. The action-adventure pic takes place on the seas and centers on a group of Naval officers who must fight to keep an alien force from destroying our world. Taylor Kitsch leads a cast that includes Alexander Skarsgard, Brooklyn Decker, Rihanna, and Liam Neeson.
Our partners at Omelete recently got the chance to speak with Kitsch, Skarsgard, and Decker about the film, and the actors addressed the pic’s Pearl Harbor connection, Berg’s improvisational directing style, sci-fi, chicken burritos and more. If you missed our interview with Berg, click here. Hit the jump to watch the interview with Kitsch, Skarsgard and Decker, but be advised that there are minor spoilers for the film.
- :10 Talk about the chicken burrito aspect of the film, Kitsch waxes poetic on the different varieties of burritos
- 1:25 The Pearl Harbor connection in the film and apprehension about using a Japanese ship
- 2:25 Decker talks about Peter Berg’s improvisational directing style
- 3:12 Talk about how analog technology factors into the film
- 3:47 Decker talks about her reaction when she actually saw the film and how impressed she was by the aliens
- 4:17 Kitsch and Skarsgard talk about sci-fi and whether they’re fans of the genre
- 4:33 Decker talks about working with actors in motion-capture suits
- 5:02 Decker answers whether it’s scarier to face aliens or Liam Neeson