From the creators of Despicable Me comes the animated feature film adaptation of Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, a beloved cautionary tale of environmental conservation wrapped up in a colorful children’s story. The 3D-CG animated adaptation is an adventure that follows the journey of idealistic 12-year-old Ted (voiced by Zac Efron) while he searches for a real Truffula Tree for Audrey (voiced by Taylor Swift), in order to win the affection of the girl of his dreams. To find one, he must learn the story of the Lorax (voiced by Danny DeVito) from the enigmatic and bitter old hermit, known as the Once-ler (voiced by Ed Helms), who let the temptation of greed and success get the better of him. For more on the film, here’s some images, trailers, 8 clips from the movie, and the Super Bowl spot.
At the recent Los Angeles press day, I was able to speak with Taylor Swift for our partners at Omelete. During the interview, Swift talked about making The Lorax and how she got cast, what surprised her about the recording process and whether or not her character changed throughout the development process. In addition, she talked about her favorite movie, director and actor, her go-to karaoke song, and the experience of hosting Saturday Night Live including whether or not she had a favorite sketch from the night. Hit the jump to watch.
- Does she have a favorite movie, director and actor
- Has she ever done karaoke and will her friends sing with her
- How did she get involved in The Lorax
- What surprised her the most about the recording process
- How did her character change along the way
- Talks about what it was like to host Saturday Night Live and did she have a favorite sketch