With Walt Disney’s The Sorcerer’s Apprentice coming out this Wednesday, you may have noticed an abundance of coverage on the film. If you missed it…here’s the press conference with Nicolas Cage, Jay Baruchel, Teresa Palmer, Toby Kebbell, director Jon Turteltaub & Jerry Bruckheimer, my exclusive interview with screenwriters Doug Miro and Carlo Bernard, and my exclusive interview with Toby Kebbell. Anyway, I’ve still got a few more exclusives to post and up next is my interview with Teresa Palmer.
After the press conference ended, I was able to sit down with Miss. Palmer and we had a very informal conversation about making movies and how she gets ready for each of her films. We also talked about watching Sorcerer’s Apprentice for the first time the night before and how editors have a lot of power over your performance. Finally, towards the end of the interview we talked about I Am Number Four – which she’s currently filming. She said she gets to use her Australian accent in the film and her character is a martial artist with tattoos. It’s a great interview so hit the jump to check it out:
- We talk about how relaxed my interviews are and video
- How happy is she that the movie is finally coming out as she has been promoting it for a long time
- 1:40 – The first screening of the film. How was it for her. The very first screening was for the press the night before this interview and a lot of the cast were there along with agents and managers
- 3:00 – How editors have so much control over someone’s performance
- 5:00 – What was it like working with Nicolas Cage and did she ever get to geek out with him
- 6:35 – How does she prepare for her roles
- 8:00 – I Am Number Four talk – how did she get cast and how’s it going so far. Reveals she was almost in Disturbia. Also says she uses her Australian accent and she’s a martial artist with tattoos. Says she plays a tough girl.
- 9:50 – With the movie coming out early next year, how is the production going.
- 10:55 – Was signing on for more than one movie frightening
- 11:38 – With her talking in her native accent, what does that mean for the other aliens? She says the aliens that were dropped on Earth were all dropped in different areas. That’s why she has an accent.
- 12:00 – What is she doing next and Comic-Con talk