Two new posters for director Marc Webb’s The Amazing Spider-Man have gone online. Last night we got a look at an extended 4-minute trailer for the film, and I have to admit that the opening scene definitely got me; I think Brendan summed up Andrew Garfield’s performance perfectly when he called the actor “soulful.” These new posters are pretty nifty as well, with one highlighting Spidey’s view from on high and another sporting the film’s unofficial tagline, “The Untold Story Begins.”
Hit the jump to check out the posters. The film also stars Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Martin Sheen, and Sally Field. The Amazing Spider-Man opens on July 3rd.
Click here for all our Spider-Man coverage, or browse the links below:
- The first trailer, the next trailer, the international trailer, the other international trailer, the most recent trailer, and the 4-minute extended trailer
- The first clip and 3 more clips
- Tobey Maguire Interviews Andrew Garfield
- Viral Videos Feature Rhys Ifans and Marc Webb Talking Dr. Curt Connors, Oscorp Industries and Lizard Transformation Footage
- Marc Webb Talks New THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Trailer, Running Time, the 3D, the Lizard, and More
- Sony CinemCon 2012 Video Blog Recap Includes New Footage from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
- WonderCon 2012 Panel Recap; Marc Webb and Emma Stone Show 8 Minutes of Footage
- A gallery with a few dozen images
Posters via CBM.
One of the world’s most popular characters is back on the big screen as a new chapter in the Spider-Man legacy is revealed in The Amazing Spider-Man. Focusing on an untold story that tells a different side of the Peter Parker story, the new film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Campbell Scott, Irrfan Khan, with Martin Sheen and Sally Field. The film is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay written by James Vanderbilt, based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Laura Ziskin, Avi Arad, and Matt Tolmach are producing the film in association with Marvel Entertainment for Columbia Pictures, which will open in theaters everywhere in 3D on July 3, 2012.
The Amazing Spider-Man is the story of Peter Parker (Garfield), an outcast high schooler who was abandoned by his parents as a boy, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Ben (Sheen) and Aunt May (Field). Like most teenagers, Peter is trying to figure out who he is and how he got to be the person he is today. Peter is also finding his way with his first high school crush, Gwen Stacy (Stone), and together, they struggle with love, commitment, and secrets. As Peter discovers a mysterious briefcase that belonged to his father, he begins a quest to understand his parents’ disappearance – leading him directly to Oscorp and the lab of Dr. Curt Connors (Ifans), his father’s former partner. As Spider-Man is set on a collision course with Connors’ alter-ego, The Lizard, Peter will make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero.