With Joss Whedon‘s The Avengers hitting Blu-ray and DVD this week (click here to buy in on Amazon), I recently got to visit ILM in San Francisco to talk with some of the visual effect supervisors. While many movies have amazing effects, it’s only when you combine them with a great story and interesting characters that you get something special, like The Avengers.
During my interview with Visual Effects Supervisor Jeff White, we talked about how they brought this version of the Hulk to life, whether they spent any extra time on the Hulk/Loki or Hulk/Thor scenes, how much the project and effects changed during production, what Hulk effects they will be able to do in The Avengers sequel that they couldn’t accomplish in the first film, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- Was this a special movie to work on
- What was one of the big secrets of bringing this version of the Hulk to life
- Talks about animating the Hulk/Loki scene and the Hulk/Thor scene and if they spent any extra time on them
- How much did the project and the effects change along the way
- What is he getting ready to work on next
- Is there anything he thinks they’ll be able to do with the Hulk in The Avengers sequel that they couldn’t do in the first film
Depp plays Whitey Bulger in the crime drama opposite Joel Edgerton, Benedict Cumberbatch, and more.
Nothing better than seeing a superhero use his powers for good.
The composer of 'Mad Max: Fury Road' and 'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice' wants to teach you how to do his job.
The Human Torch himself has a message for internet trolls, and it's kind of great.
Surprise! It's actually a lot of fun.
Plus what did Woody Allen teach him about editing, what he learned from the test screenings, and how he shot an alternate ending that didn’t work.
Denis Villeneuve's latest collaboration with Roger Deakins looks surprisingly austere.
'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' and 'Mockingjay' director Francis Lawrence is at the helm.
Paul Feig will produce the new feature, which is described as an action-comedy in the vein of 'The Heat'.