With Joss Whedon‘s The Avengers hitting Blu-ray and DVD this week (click here to buy in on Amazon), I recently got to visit ILM in San Francisco to talk with some of the visual effect supervisors. While many movies have amazing effects, it’s only when you combine them with a great story and interesting characters that you get something special, like The Avengers.
During my interview with Visual Effects Supervisor Jeff White, we talked about how they brought this version of the Hulk to life, whether they spent any extra time on the Hulk/Loki or Hulk/Thor scenes, how much the project and effects changed during production, what Hulk effects they will be able to do in The Avengers sequel that they couldn’t accomplish in the first film, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- Was this a special movie to work on
- What was one of the big secrets of bringing this version of the Hulk to life
- Talks about animating the Hulk/Loki scene and the Hulk/Thor scene and if they spent any extra time on them
- How much did the project and the effects change along the way
- What is he getting ready to work on next
- Is there anything he thinks they’ll be able to do with the Hulk in The Avengers sequel that they couldn’t do in the first film
- Possible Casting Breakdown for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Revealed
- Collider Goes to the Set of Guillermo del Toro’s PACIFIC RIM; Watch a Video Blog Recap or Read 20 Things to Know About the Film
- Guillermo del Toro Talks Getting Back in the Director’s Chair, the Evolution of the Script, Creating the World on a Giant Scale, and More on the Set of PACIFIC RIM
- Mary Jane Cut from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 [Update: Role May Be Recast]
- New Trailer for ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES Features Racial Humor, Journey, Baxter, Dolphins and Brick’s Awkward Lady Friend
Demand Media Entertainment