With Joss Whedon‘s The Avengers hitting Blu-ray and DVD this week (click here to buy in on Amazon), I recently got to visit ILM in San Francisco to talk with some of the visual effect supervisors. While many movies have amazing effects, it’s only when you combine them with a great story and interesting characters that you get something special, like The Avengers.
During my interview with Animation Director Marc Chu, we talked about what it was like to work on The Avengers, creating the Hulk transformation, Davy Jones in Pirates of the Caribbean, what Hulk effects they will be able to do in The Avengers sequel that they couldn’t accomplish in the first film, the length of time he spends on a project, deleted scenes, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
Finally, click here if you missed my video interview with Avengers Visual Effects Supervisor Jeff White.
- Was this a special movie to work on
- Was their one shot they were nervous about. Talks about the Hulk transformation
- Talks about his work on the Pirates franchise and Davy Jones
- What’s the next big technical hurdle they’re about to overcome to make movie effects even better
- Is there anything he thinks they’ll be able to do with the Hulk in The Avengers sequel that they couldn’t do in the first film
- How long does he typically work on a project and does he work on more than one at the same time
- The Avengers deleted scenes