While Christopher Nolan has made it perfectly clear that The Dark Knight Rises is his last Batman film, that doesn’t mean the pic doesn’t include a good deal of new territory that wasn’t covered in the first two films. In addition to new villain Bane and new something Catwoman, Christian Bale’s Bruce Wayne also gets himself a nice new toy to play with: The Bat. For all intents and purposes this is Nolan’s version of the Batwing, and just as his version of the Batmobile differed greatly in design and style from any other previous incarnations, his iteration of the Batwing is decidedly unique. A batch of new images from the book The Dark Knight Manual: Tools, Weapons, Vehicles & Documents from the Batcave have landed online, giving us a much closer look at The Bat.
Hit the jump to check out the images, which also point out some of the technical aspects of the vehicle. The Dark Knight Rises opens on July 20th.
In 2005, filmmaker Christopher Nolan redefined Batman for a new generation with Batman Begins, followed in 2008 by The Dark Knight, and now 2012’s conclusion to the trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises. Here, for the first time, is an in-world exploration of Christopher Nolan’s Batman: The Dark Knight Manual, the definitive guide to his tools, vehicles, and technologies.
Following the destruction of Wayne Manor, Bruce Wayne began to assemble key sketches, diagrams, observations, and other top-secret documents germane to becoming Batman; he then entrusted this manual to his faithful butler, Alfred. Every defining moment is detailed here, charting Wayne’s collaborations with Lucius Fox at Wayne Enterprises on the latest cutting-edge technology.
Featuring removable documents, including the design and capability of the famed utility belt, the hi-tech functions of Batman’s cowl, and every detail of his amazing arsenal of weapons and gadgets, The Dark Knight Manual reveals how Bruce Wayne operates as Gotham’s greatest protector.
And here are the scanned images of The Bat (via SHH):
Click here for all our Dark Knight Rises coverage or check out the links below.
- Listen to Samples of Hans Zimmer’s Score from The Dark Knight Rises
- First Teaser Trailer for The Dark Knight Rises Mobile Game
- Batman Begins to Be Converted to Digital IMAX for Trilogy Marathon
- Soundtrack Listing and New TV Spot
- Advance Tickets Now On Sale
- New footage from the MTV Movie Awards
- Trailer 1, Trailer 2, Trailer 3
- Warner Bros. Initially Wanted Leonardo DiCaprio as The Riddler for The Dark Knight Rises
- Gotham Rogues Wide Receiver Hines Ward Action Figure
- Christopher Nolan Says He Was “Nervous” to Include Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises; Christian Bale Talks the Future of the Franchise
- TV Spot “Retired”
- 20 Things to Know from our The Dark Knight Rises Set Visit
- Limited Edition The Dark Knight Rises-Themed Nokia Phone
- TV Spot, Banners, Images, SDCC Action Figure, and Promo Posters
- Mega Gallery featuring 50 Images and 15 Posters
- Catwoman Poster
- New Footage to Premiere During the MTV Movie Awards
- Set Visit Preview and Four New Banners