Chuck Norris Says He’s Done with THE EXPENDABLES Franchise

     August 23, 2012

chuck-norris-slice-01

The minds behind The Expendables series are keen to start work on the next sequel. But as they busy themselves with adding more replaceable cogs to their wholly replaceable cast, today comes news that if/when The Expendables 3 does get rolling, current cog Chuck Norris won’t be there. The reason for his departure is unconfirmed; however, Norris did make headlines a few months ago when he unsuccessfully lobbied to have The Expendables 2 edited down to a PG-13 (lest his legion of young fans be traumatized by profanity while they’re watching old men murder people). The uninformed might also attribute the decision to Norris being in his 70s, not realizing that in Chuck Norris-years, he’s only 26.  At any rate, hit the jump for the action legend’s comments on his departure from the franchise.

expendables-2-movie-poster-chuck-norrisSaid Norris to Access Hollywood (via The Playlist):

“Nope. Just number 2. This is it for me…Oh, yeah. This is very special. Just to be able to do the film with guys I’ve known for many, many years. To get a chance to get in and fight with them, it was a lot of fun. Plus getting a chance to meet Terry Crews, who I hadn’t met before. And Jason Statham, whom I hadn’t met before. It was fun just to do that.”

As we previously reported, Sylvester Stallone and producer Avi Lerner are setting their sights on icons like Clint Eastwood and Harrison Ford to join Nicolas Cage to fill the Norris-shaped void in the third installment. But will it be enough?

If any other Expendable were to leave The Expendables ensemble, it wouldn’t be a big deal. They’re all pretty much expendable. But Chuck Norris isn’t expendable, to that franchise or the earth itself. Were he ever to die, the cat-like aliens held at bay by the giant fist behind his beard would pounce on our planet like a giant ball of yarn, which would be the least of our worries since the atmosphere will have already been obliterated by the six dozen 50-megaton blasts it took to destroy him…or so an internet meme will soon posit.

 

Around The Web

Latest News

New PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES Images Prepare for Proper Slaying

Director Burr Steers says his spin on Austen’s novel won’t be winking at the camera.

DEADPOOL: The Merc with a Mouth and Negasonic Teenage Warhead Catch a Cab

A new image showcases Wade Wilson and his young, telepathic pal.

THE COLLIDER PODCAST: Episode 12 – INSIDE OUT and Pixar

Matt and Adam discuss Pixar's latest and greatest.

Joe Manganiello on MAGIC MIKE XXL, a 3D Sequel, Bodyguarding for Tyrese, and More

The actor discusses his past as a bodyguard for Tyrese, the possibility of 'Magic Mike 3D' and setting a sequel overseas, and more.

INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE: Celebrate July 4th President Whitmore-Style

Think you can outdo Bill Pullman? Now you can give the speech yourself using Dubsmash.

Mark Wahlberg, Ronda Rousey Team for Peter Berg Actioner MILE 22

'The Raid' actor Iko Uwais also stars in the Indonesia-set action film.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Says TERMINATOR GENISYS Didn’t Need James Cameron’s Endorsement

But he's happy Cameron liked the film all the same.

Exclusive: R-Rated CHIPS Greenlit; Michael Peña Confirms Comparison to LETHAL WEAPON

Michael Pena talks about Dax Shepard’s upcoming adaptation of the 1970s TV series.

THE HATEFUL EIGHT: New Image Teases “the Funniest Snow Western Ever Made”

Apparently it's funnier than 'McCabe & Mrs. Miller.' Who would have thought?

CARTEL LAND Director Matthew Heineman on Filming During a Shootout and More

The filmmaker discusses his harrowing, unsettling documentary about two rebel groups on both sides of the border trying to bring down a Mexican drug cartel.

Page 1 of 4,02612345...102030...Last »
echo ' '; ?>