The second seasons of Fox’s Gotham and The CW’s The Flash are in the books, but fans and creative teams alike are already looking forward to the shows’ returns. Well before the summer’s big conventions start rolling and before the networks can put together a well-rehearsed reveal, word has already spread about a couple of new additions to the series that should add some interesting wrinkles in Season 3.
According to TV Line, a new addition to The Flash cast will put Barry Allen’s secret identity in jeopardy. Now, for fans of the show, that’s a bit of a tongue-in-cheek plot point since The Flash is rather well known for divulging his secret identity to literally every series regular at this point. Still, this new character should give some extra drama to the mild-mannered side of things while The Flash is busy battling metahumans.
As the character description goes:
For Season 3, the CW hit is casting the major recurring character of Barry’s slightly older, slightly geekier contemporary, a guy who is as smart as he is intuitive. As such, this newcomer doesn’t buy Barry’s nice guy routine and sets out to learn what he’s hiding — all while concealing some secrets of his own….
Sounds like The Flash will have a bit of an … Identity Crisis. Am I right? Anyway, I’m not quite sure who the character could be, just like TV Line isn’t yet sure whether or not Mirror Master will make his appearance at long last.
On Gotham, however, the picture is a little bit clearer. Apparently an “ambitious young journalist named Valerie” making an appearance in Season 3 is actually none other than Vicki Vale. The long-running DC Comics character created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger has been around since 1948 and has long been a romantic interest for Bruce Wayne/Batman. Since the production team is looking to cast an actor in her late 20s for the role, she’s probably not going to be hitting on young Master Bruce any time soon, unless the show plans on doing a massive time jump. Can Jim Gordon juggle another possible romance, or will “Valerie” actually be a compelling female reporter? Time will tell!
For more on all things The Flash, be sure to get caught up on our recent coverage here:
- The Best TV Shows on Netflix Right Now
- Collider Heroes: Namor Back at Marvel; Animated ‘Justice League Dark’
- ‘Injustice 2’ Video Game Trailer Pits Batman v Superman … Again
- James Wan Says He Had the Choice between Directing ‘Aquaman’ and ‘The Flash’
- ‘The Flash’ Nabs ‘Dope’ Director Rick Famuyiwa
And check out these recent links for more on Gotham:
- All of This Year’s Superhero TV Shows, Ranked
- ‘Gotham’ Season 2 Finale Opens the Door for Monsters in Season 3
- ‘Gotham’ Season 3 Villains: New and Classic Characters to Make an Appearance Next Year
- Watch: ‘Gotham’ Actor David Mazouz Unboxes and Teases the Season 2 Finale Script
- ‘Gotham’ Renewed for Season 3 by Fox