Bilbo (Martin Freeman) gets into a bit of hot water in this new TV spot for Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. It gives us a good look at the trolls that our pint-sized hero runs afoul of, though we’re sure Bilbo’s allies Gandalf (Ian McKellen) and Thorin (Richard Armitage) are near at hand. Who knew trolls were so articulate?
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey also stars Hugo Weaving, Orlando Bloom, Elijah Wood and Cate Blanchett and opens December 14th. Hit the jump to see the new TV spot.
Check out the new TV spot for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey below, along with links to our recent coverage of the first film in the trilogy:
Here’s the synopsis for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey:
“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” follows title character Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior Thorin Oakenshield. Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Giant Spiders, Shapeshifters and Sorcerers. Although their goal lies to the East and the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain, first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets the creature that will change his life forever… Gollum. Here, alone with Gollum, on the shores of an underground lake, the unassuming Bilbo Baggins not only discovers depths of guile and courage that surprise even him, he also gains possession of Gollum’s “precious” ring that holds unexpected and useful qualities… A simple, gold ring that is tied to the fate of all Middle-earth in ways Bilbo cannot begin to know.
Here is more from Steve’s Hobbit set visit:
- Peter Jackson Talks Similarities and Differences to Lord of the Rings, Shooting in 3D and 48 fps, His Initial Reluctance to Direct, and More on the Set of The Hobbit
- Ian McKellan Talks Returning to Middle Earth, Differences from the Book, Advances in Technology and Filming in 3D, and More on the Set of The Hobbit
- Martin Freeman Talks the Impact of The Ring on Bilbo, Ian Holm’s Performance, Being a Fan Favorite for the Role, and More on the Set of The Hobbit
- Richard Armitage Talks Dwarf Humor, Script Changes During Production, Parallels Between Thorin and Frodo’s Journeys, and More on the Set of The Hobbit
- Weta Workshop Head Richard Taylor Talks Turning Actors into Dwarves, Developing the Film’s Weapons, and More on the Set of The Hobbit
And more The Hobbit news here:
- THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY to Run 2 Hours and 40 minutes
- First TV Spot for THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY
- Andy Serkis to Direct ANIMAL FARM Adaptation, Also Talks Directing the Second Unit for THE HOBBIT and Directing Future Films, Such as THE BONE SEASON
- THE HOBBIT Trilogy to Feature…Stephen Colbert? [Update: Confirmed]