On this episode of Collider Movie Talk, Mark Ellis, Perri Nemiroff, and John Rocha discuss the following:
- Rogue One screenwriter Gary Whitta revealed on Twitter that he is working with The Last Starfighter writer Jonathan Betuel on a possible reboot of the 80s film.
- THR is reporting that MGM is using the rights to the James Bond franchise as leverage for a possible sale of the studio.
- In an interview with Rolling Stone, Dwayne Johnson revealed that he might not be returning to The Fast and the Furious franchise and seemed to indicate that Vin Diesel was the reason.
- Fox Searchlight Pictures announced that they have signed Guillermo del Toro to an overall deal to help create a new label which will serve to exlplore new projects in the horror, sci-fi, and fantasy genres.
- Blumhouse’s spinoff label BH Tilt released a red band trailer for their new film Upgrade starring Logan Marshall-Green and directed by Leigh Whannell.
- Live Twitter Questions