As most of you know, opening this Friday is New Line/Platinum Dunes remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street. Over the past few months we’ve been covering the movie extensively with a set report, on set interviews with Jackie Earle Haley and producers Andrew Form and Brad Fuller, and a few weeks ago I spoke to Katie Cassidy / Thomas Dekker and Rooney Mara / Kyle Gallner at WonderCon.
Anyway, yesterday was the Los Angeles press day for the film and I got to speak with director Samuel Bayer, producers Andrew Form and Brad Fuller, and I also got to speak with Thomas Dekker, Rooney Mara & Kyle Gallner in a junket setting. Since I spoke to them a few weeks ago, I used the time to try and ask new questions. Also, I’ve now seen the film, so I could ask more specific things. Hit the jump to check it out. I’ve time indexed the interview so you can watch what interests you:
Finally, if you’d like to watch 5 clips from A Nightmare on Elm Street, check them out here.
Thomas Dekker, Rooney Mara & Kyle Gallner
- Some pre-interview banter
- what was it like at WonderCon for them
- Do they enjoy doing publicity
- Deleted scenes talk
- what is it like filming the death scenes
- When they got cast did they watch all the previous movies
- Thomas talks about Kaboom – the new Gregg Araki film that premieres at Cannes next month