With my Thor: The Dark World set visit embargo lifting this morning, Marvel has sent over a number of new images from the film. While a few of the images look like screengrabs from the trailers, there are a few new behind-the-scenes images. Included in the new pictures are director Alan Taylor, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, and more. Hit the jump to check them out and click here for all our Thor: The Dark World set visit coverage.
Click on any image for high-resolution.
Here’s the official synopsis for Thor: The Dark World:
Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s Thor and Marvel’s The Avengers, Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos…but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
For more Thor: The Dark World set visit coverage:
- 50 Things to Know About THOR: THE DARK WORLD Plus Spoiler Free Video Blog Recap
- Tom Hiddleston Talks THE AVENGERS Aftermath, the Darker Tone, His Ownership of the Character, and More on the Set of THOR: THE DARK WORLD
- Chris Hemsworth Talks Expanding Beyond Asgard, Building to THE AVENGERS 2, and More on the Set of THOR: THE DARK WORLD
- Producer Craig Kyle Talks the Involvement of S.H.I.E.L.D., the Film’s Design and Locations, and More on the Set of THOR: THE DARK WORLD
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Talks Playing Two Characters, Algrim’s Relationship with Malekith, and More on the Set of THOR: THE DARK WORLD
- Director Alan Taylor Talks the Constantly Evolving Script, 3D, Moving from HBO to Marvel, and More on the Set of THOR: THE DARK WORLD