The TV ratings for Thursday, February 26th are in. Here are some of the highlights:
- Shondaland series took a little dip on ABC this week, with Grey’s Anatomy at 8 p.m. dropping three tenths from last week to finish at a 2.2 rating and 7.47 million viewers. How to Get Away with Murder‘s two-hour season finale, starting at 9 p.m., was down a tenth from last week, notching a (still very respectable) 2.8 and 8.97 million viewers.
- Though the series hasn’t been officially renewed, strong ratings and good buzz throughout the season mean it’s a lock. A promo last night even teased that the show would be back next Fall. And if you want more HTGAWM, you can check out our postmortem discussion of the finale here.
- Both Grey’s and HTGAWM helped ABC win in the key 18-49 demographic, but CBS won the night overall with total viewers. That was mostly thanks to The Big Bang Theory at 8 p.m., which scored a 4.5 and brought in 16.33 million viewers.
- CBS’s The Odd Couple, at 8:30 p.m., held a large portion of its audience from last week’s premiere. Though down three tenths (not much), it nabbed a 2.8 and 11.04 million viewers. The Victoria’s Secret Swim Special didn’t do much for them at 10 p.m., though, bringing in a 1.0 and 4.02 million viewers.
- NBC continues to struggle on Thursdays. The Slap at 8 p.m. slipped to a 0.7 and 3.6 million viewers. Though The Blacklist at 9 p.m. ticked up slightly from last week, to a 1.8 and 7.9 million viewers, it’s not as strong as it was on Mondays. Allegiance at 10 p.m. nearly matched The Slap‘s numbers exactly, with a 0.8 rating and 3.6 million viewers.
- Fox’s Backstrom, at 9 p.m., stayed even (for once) with its numbers from last week, garnering a 0.9 rating and 3.76 million viewers. Its lead-in, American Idol at 8 p.m., also stayed steady with last week (2.1/9.27 million viewers).