The TV ratings for Thursday, January 29th are in. Here are some of the highlights:
- TGIT returned with Grey’s Anatomy ticking up to 2.7 and 8.6 million viewers at 8 p.m., while Scandal jumped way up to 3.6 and 10.4 million viewers at 9 p.m. (it left off at 3.1 before the winter hiatus). How to Get Away with Murder at 10 p.m. had a slight slump, down a tenth to 3.0 with 9.1 million, but it’s still kicking ass overall.
- Fox’s new House-esque series Backstrom took a nosedive to 1.4 and 5.3 million viewers, after last week’s premiere notched a 1.9 and 7.98 million.
- The Big Bang Theory blew everyone else out of the water at 8 p.m., though, with a 4.4 rating and 17 million viewers. Yet, the CBS comedy was actually down from its last episode, which pulled a 4.6.
- On the CW, The Vampire Diaries slid down to a 0.7 with 1.45 million viewers at 8 p.m., while Reign held steady at 0.4, with 1.04 million viewers (despite low numbers, the CW has no plans to get rid of it, so fans can remain calm).
- The series finale of Parenthood on NBC finished out with a season high of 1.7 and 5.5 million viewers, jumping up from last week’s 1.3 rating.