With director Jim Jarmusch’s fantastic Only Lovers Left Alive opening this weekend in New York and Los Angeles, I recently landed an exclusive video interview with Tilda Swinton. In the film, set against the backdrop of Detroit and Tangiers, Swinton and Tom Hiddleston play two vampires who have been in love for centuries. As you can see in the trailer, Only Lovers Left Alive is loaded with great performances—not only Swinton and Hiddleston, but the rest of the cast including Mia Wasikowska, John Hurt, Anton Yelchin, and Jeffrey Wright. If you live in either city, I absolutely recommend seeking it out. For more on the film, here’s Phil’s glowing review.
During the interview, Swinton talked about how she got involved in the project, how much changed during the making of the film, setting the film in Detroit and Tangiers, the way she likes to work, preparing for a role, Bong Joon-ho’s Snowpiercer, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- Talks about how she got involved in the project.
- How much changed along the way?
- How did she prepare for the role and the way she likes to work.
- How they hope all future vampire films will have them wearing gloves as well.
- How the film takes place in Detroit and Tangiers.
- Snowpiercer talk.
- Talks about her look in Snowpiercer.