Right before the Christmas break I got to sit down with Tim McGraw to talk about his movie Country Strong. By now you’ve probably seen the clips or the trailer and know the film is about an emotionally unstable country star (Gwyneth Paltrow) that gets involved with a rising young singer-songwriter (Garrett Hedlund). McGraw plays Paltrow’s husband/manager and Leighton Meester (Gossip Girl) plays a beauty-queen-turned-singer who is trying to make a name for herself.
Anyway, during the interview McGraw talked about how he got involved in the project, does he know anyone like his character, did he ever think he’d be acting in big Hollywood movies, the rehearsal process, and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch the interview. Country Strong is in theaters now.
- After The Blind Side, does he get free Taco Bell for life
- How did he get involved in Country Strong
- Has he ever met someone like his character
- Did he ever think he’d be making so many high profile movies
- Talks about how he thinks his career is just getting started
- How did the character change from rehearsals to what finally ended up on screen