While many of you might not recognize Toby Kebbell’s name, you’ve probably seen his work. That’s because in Guy Ritchie’s RocknRolla, Kebbell was amazing as Johnny Quid. Also, Kebbell was great in Anton Corbijn’s Control as he played Rob Gretton and he was in Disney’s Prince of Persia as he played Garsiv.
At any rate, I was able to recently interview Kebbell as he’s in The Sorcerer’s Apprentice (which opens this Wednesday) and during the interview we talked about being in two big summer movies, how does he prepare for his roles, he tells me some great stories about how he got ready for RocknRolla, plus he discussed The Veteran and Robert Redford’s The Conspirator, as he plays John Wilkes Booth. Hit the jump to check it out:
- Is he used to doing this kind of big press junket promotions
- Two big summer movies – what is that like for him. He discusses Prince of Persia and this
- 1:20 – Discusses how he got involved in both films. Talks about how he wanted a different part in Prince of Persia
- 3:15 – How does he prepare for each of his roles
- 4:25 – What’s the most time he’s spent preparing for a role and does he stay in character between takes. Tells a great story about preparing for RocknRolla
- 5:25 – Did he tell anyone want he was doing for RocknRolla
- 6:20 – The Veteran talk (another movie)
- 7:45 – The Conspirator talk – The Robert Redford movie. Kebbell plays John Wilkes Booth.
- 9:50 – Does he know when people might see The Conspirator. Says he heard Toronto