With Matt Reeves’ Dawn of the Planet of the Apes arriving on DVD and Blu-ray December 2nd, I got the opportunity to sit down with Toby Kebbell to talk about the film. As I’ve said again and again, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is easily one of my favorite films of 2014. It’s the rare commercial movie that’s deep and thoughtful and it’s also atypical in that it tells a complete story while keeping the door open for another sequel.
During the interview Kebbell talked about developing his character with Andy Serkis, what it was like playing an ape, his motion-capture experience, what it was like working with Duncan Jones on Warcraft, his version of Doctor Doom in director Josh Trank’s Fantastic Four, and a lot more. Hit the jump for what he had to say and click here to pre-order the Blu-ray on Amazon.
- 0:30 – Kebbell talks about developing the character with Andy Serkis.
- 1:50 – Describes the motion-capture experience and playing an ape.
- 3:25 – Says he’s very lucky with the films he’s been a part of recently.
- 4:20 – Praises director Duncan Jones’ knowledge of the Warcraft universe.
- 5:50 – Describes his role as Doom in The Fantastic Four.