With producer Todd Phillips and director Nima Nourizadeh‘s R-rated teen comedy Project X opening today, last weekend I got to talk with the filmmakers and cast about making the film. Starring Thomas Mann, Miles Teller, Oliver Cooper, Jonathan Daniel Brown, Kirby Bliss Blanton, Dax Flame, Nichole O’Connor and Alexis Knapp, Project X is about a group of outsiders that decide to throw a party where things get absolutely out of control. Trust me, there is no way you see this movie and leave the theater disappointed. For more on the film, here’s a ton of images and four clips.
During my interview with Phillips and Nourizadeh we talked about whether or not they had to cut out anything to get an R rating, the soundtrack and how they picked the music, the editing (including how they used extras to shoot some of the movie), and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch.
Finally, if you missed my video interviews with Kirby Bliss Blanton and Alexis Knapp and Thomas Mann, Oliver Cooper, and Jonathan Daniel Brown, just click the links.
Todd Phillips and Nima Nourizadeh
- I try and ask what is their favorite movie, actor and director. Todd Phillips then explained to me why it’s a dumb question but we eventually got to some answers.
- Did they have to cut anything to get an R rating
- They gave extras and the cast flip cams. They talk about editing the film and trying to use the footage.
- How did they choose the soundtrack and the music
- I try and get Phillips to talk about The Hangover 3.