At this year’s Toronto Film Festival, I was able to sit down with Tom Hiddleston for an exclusive interview about writer-director Terence Davies’ The Deep Blue Sea. Starring Rachel Weisz, Simon Russell Beale and Hilldeston, the film is set in post-war Britain and it’s about the wife of a high court judge who walks out on her marriage and moves in with a young ex-RAF pilot (Hiddleston), with whom she has fallen passionately in love. The film is an adaptation of Terence Rattigan’s classic play.
Since the interview with Hiddleston was almost twenty minutes, I decided to break it up into two parts. In the coming days I’ll post what he said about The Deep Blue Sea, but I wanted to start with what he said about Steven Spielberg’s War Horse, Joss Whedon’s Avengers , and Thor 2. Hit the jump for more.
During the interview, Hiddleston talked about what it was like to work with Spielberg and making War Horse, his thoughts on having a new director on Thor 2 and where does he think the film is heading, and what it was like to film The Avengers in New York City and have so many people taking photos and watching them film,. In addition, I asked if he ever wore his Loki costume off set…like to a Starbucks. Here’s the time index and interview. Look for the full conversation later this week.
- :19 Talks about War Horse and what it was like to work with Spielberg
- 2:31 Talks about the significance of World War I and how Spielberg came to direct War Horse.
- 4:11 Talks about having a new director on Thor 2 and when they’ll be shooting. He thinks filming begins in spring 2012.
- 4:50 The direction of Thor 2. Says they’re interested in expanding Thor’s universe and taking things deeper into space.
- 5:42 The Avengers. Talks about the all the set photos that have leaked.
- 6:36 Has he ever thought about wearing the Loki costume off-set, walking into a Starbucks?