With director Alan Taylor’s Thor: The Dark World now playing around the world and opening in North America this weekend, I recently got to interview the cast and filmmakers in London. As most of you know, Chris Hemsworth returns as Thor, who reluctantly teams up with Loki (Tom Hiddleston) to fight off the villainous dark elf Malekith the Accursed (Christopher Eccleston). The film also stars Natalie Portman, Stellan Skarsgård, Idris Elba, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano, Jaimie Alexander, Rene Russo, and Anthony Hopkins.
During my video interview with Hiddleston, he talked about his popularity online, the film’s humor, how they wanted to give all the characters more texture and deepen the world of Asgard in the sequel, his thoughts on the possibility of a solo Loki movie, getting ready to work with Guillermo del Toro on Crimson Peak, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- What can’t he do? This is based on the fact that he can dance, impersonate Owen Wilson, etc.
- Talks about his popularity online.
- How Thor: The Dark World is funny and how they wanted to give all the characters more texture and deepen the world of Asgard.
- What are his thoughts of a solo Loki movie.
- Talks about getting ready to work with Guillermo del Toro on Crimson Peak.