Expanding this weekend in more theaters is director Juan Antonio Bayona’s The Impossible. Based on a true story, the film stars Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor as the parents of three boys vacationing in Thailand in 2004 when the tsunami hit. Having survived, but finding themselves separated, the family members search for each other amidst the chaos, encountering strangers caught up in the same situation along the way. The film also stars Tom Holland, Samuel Joslin, and Oaklee Pendergast. For more on The Impossible, here are eight clips and the trailer.
At the recent Los Angeles press day I got to speak to Tom Holland. We talked about how he got involved in the movie, the transition from stage to screen, what surprised him about making a movie, and more. In addition, Holland talked about Kevin Macdonald’s How I Live Now which also stars Saoirse Ronan. Hit the jump to watch.
- How did he get involved in the movie
- The differences between preparing for a theater role and a film role
- What surprised him about making a movie
- How many takes did he have to do and what was that like for him
- Talks about director Kevin Macdonald’s How I Live Now