Now playing in theaters is director Ivan Reitman‘s sports drama Draft Day. The film takes place within the span of one day, the day of the NFL draft. Kevin Costner plays a general manager who has the opportunity to save football in Cleveland when he trades for the number one pick. As the day’s events unfold, he finds the lines between his personal and professional life becoming blurred. Draft Day also stars Jennifer Garner, Denis Leary, Josh Pence, Tom Welling, Chadwick Boseman, Sean Combs, Sam Elliott, Terry Crews, Arian Foster, Ellen Burstyn, and Frank Langella.
At the Los Angeles press junket I landed an exclusive video interview with Welling and Pence. They talked about getting to work with Reitman and Costner, surprising NFL facts, alternate takes including one that featured Welling getting punched by Costner, and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch.
Tom Welling and Josh Pence:
- Do they spend a lot of time online?
- They talk about how they were cast and being in a Kevin Costner sports movie.
- What was it like working for Ivan Reitman?
- What did they learn about the NFL that surprised them?
- Any deleted scenes? Welling talks about an alternate take where he got punched by Costner.