Opening this weekend is the third film in the Men in Black franchise. Barry Sonnenfeld returns as director and the story finds Will Smith’s Agent J traveling back in time to save Tommy Lee Jones’ Agent K. In addition to Bill Hader as Andy Warhol, Josh Brolin plays a younger version of Jones’ character and does an incredible job. You’ll absolutely think you’re watching Jones as a young man. Men in Black 3 also stars Jemaine Clement, Alice Eve, and Emma Thompson. In addition, make-up effects artist Rick Baker returns to the franchise and you can see some of his creature work here. For more on the film, here’s all our previous coverage.
Last week I got to speak with most of the cast and every day this week I’ll be posting a new interview. Up first is Tommy Lee Jones. While known as a tough interview (which he is), when Jones had something to say his answers were interesting and I even got him to smile a few times. We talked about Men in Black 3, Captain America: The First Avenger, Steven Spielberg‘s Lincoln, his favorite movies, how many takes does he like to do as an actor and as the director, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
Tommy Lee Jones
- What are some of his favorite movies
- Captain America: The First Avenger talk. I ask what did he think of the film and he talks about how he was interested in the ARRI Alexa which was used on the movie
- Was he surprised that they finally decided to make a third Men in Black
- Was he apprehensive about making another one
- How many takes does he like to do. Explains as a director he likes to shoot 3 and explains what each take is for.
- Talks about Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln movie