As we wind down to the final days of the year, the internet is flooded with countless “Top 10” lists consisting of pretty much everything that ever existed in the past 12 months. YouTube is getting in on the fun, but their list is unique in that it’s a Top 10 list compiled using statistics instead of subjective opinion. The site has unveiled the “Top Trailers on YouTube for 2012,” which they compiled based on view count, view rate (how much of a given trailer people chose to watch), and organic views.
The resulting list may surprise you, as a whopping four spots belong to the video game Call of Duty: Black Ops II alone. There’s also one television show and five films that rank among 2012’s highest grossing films, though a major 2012 release is notably absent. Hit the jump to take a look at the Top 10 Trailers on YouTube for the year.
1. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II – Surprise Trailer
2. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II – Reveal Trailer
3. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES – Official Trailer #3
4. SKYFALL – Official Trailer
5. TED – Official Trailer
6. THE HUNGER GAMES – Theatrical Trailer #2
7. REVOLUTION – Official Trailer
8. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II – Multiplayer Reveal Trailer
9. SKYFALL – Official Teaser Trailer
10. CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II – Launch Trailer