Opening this weekend is director Michael Dowse’s 80’s based comedy Take Me Home Tonight starring Topher Grace, Anna Faris, Dan Fogler, Teresa Palmer, Chris Pratt, Michelle Trachtenberg, Lucy Punch, Michael Ian Black, and Demetri Martin. The film centers on a recent MIT grad (Grace) who gets invited, along with his best friend (Fogler) and twin sister (Faris), to an epic, end-of-summer 1988 party by his high-school crush (Palmer). For more on the film, you can watch 11 clips here.
Anyway, I recently got to interview Grace & Palmer and after the jump you can watch a very silly conversation with the two stars. The reason I say silly is that before walking in the room, I decided to grab a bright pink wig out of the prop box and wear it on camera. What I didn’t count on was how it would become a conversation starter and dominate the interview. Out of all the interviews I’ve done over the last few years, this was completely unique. Besides talking about my wig, we also discussed making the film, the soundtrack, and a lot more:
Topher Grace and Teresa Palmer
- They mention how they read Collider
- We talk about the wig I wore during the interview
- I try and ask a real question…fail.
- We then talk about what it’s been like for them waiting for the film to come out
- What films did they watch from the 80′s before filming
- Soundtrack talk. Were there any songs they couldn’t get and what did they get that surprised them. Grace talks about how they didn’t want to make fun of the decade