While plot details have been under wraps on Transformers 3, Michael Bay and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura have just spoken with USA Today on the set of the film and revealed a lot of new info on the production. Here are some highlights:
- Transformers 3 will be in 3D
- Characters that die stay dead
- Bay says “This one really builds to a final crescendo. It’s not three multiple endings.” He goes on to say, “As a trilogy, it really ends. It could be rebooted again, but I think it has a really killer ending.”
- The villain is Shockwave
- “Shia has this great line: ‘You know, I’ve saved the world twice, but I can’t get a job,’ ” di Bonaventura says.
- The movie features a space race between the U.S.S.R. and the USA
- They aim to upgrade the franchise with a more coherent story and less goofball humor
- Regarding the criticism of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Bay says, “I’ll take some of the criticism. It was very hard to put (the sequel) together that quickly after the writers’ strike (of 2007-08).”
While some might not be excited for Transformers 3, I’ve spoken to someone who knows a lot about the movie and they told me the script is infinitely better than the second film. But that shouldn’t be hard, as the second film’s script was not good. At all. Either way, I’m excited for TF3 as no one makes movies like Michael Bay.