Michael Bay is delivering the news tonight at CinemaCon. Bay revealed to Steve that he will shoot the big showcase scenes in Transformers 4 with the new, smaller IMAX 3D digital camera. Now, at Paramount’s CinemaCon presentation, Bay announced Stanley Tucci will join the cast. Tucci is the fourth confirmed cast member alongside Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz, and Jack Reynor. As with virtually every movie, Tucci is a great addition.
The most recent synopsis says the sequel centers follows “a group of powerful, ingenious businessman and scientists [who] attempt to learn from past Transformer incursions and push the boundaries of technology beyond what they can control—all while an ancient, powerful Transformer menace sets Earth in his crosshairs.” Transformers 4 opens June 27, 2014. Hit the jump for more.
Click here for all our Transformers coverage or browse the recent links below.
- Michael Bay Reveals TRANSFORMERS 4 Will Shoot the ‘Showcase Scenes’ With the New IMAX 3D Digital Camera
- TRANSFORMERS 4 Confirmed to Film in China
- Plot Details for TRANSFORMERS 4 Revealed; Filming Will Take Place in Detroit
- Michael Bay Says They’ve “Redesigned Everything” for TRANSFORMERS 4
- Mark Wahlberg Says TRANSFORMERS 4 Starts Shooting in May Followed By TED Sequel