Once upon a time, before Michael Bay brought them to life in his Transformers movies, we had to imagine Autobots battling Decepticons on the big screen. Now, with his latest film Transformers: Age of Extinction opening soon, a new featurette with the band Imagine Dragons is available for you to enjoy. It goes behind the scenes of the epic film and reveals the group’s process in composing the title track “Battle Cry” alongside Steve Jablonsky and Hans Zimmer.
The film opens in 2D, 3D, and IMAX 3D on June 27th, and stars Mark Wahlberg, Kelsey Grammer, Nicola Peltz, Jack Reynor, Stanley Tucci, Sophia Myles, Li Bingbing, T.J. Miller, Han Geng, and Titus Welliver. Click on the respective links for our set visit coverage and interviews with Tucci and Myles, Reynor and Peltz, Wahlberg, and Bay. Hit the jump to scope out the new featurette.
Watch the new Transformers: Age of Extinction featurette with Imagine Dragons below (via Apple) and buy their new song “Battle Cry” here. You can also watch the film’s global premiere from Hong Kong with the Imagine Dragons concert live Thursday, June 19th at 9:30 AM EST through this link.
Here’s the official synopsis for Transformers: Age of Extinction:
TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION is the fourth film in director Michael Bay’s global blockbuster franchise. The film begins after an epic battle that left a great city torn, but with the world saved. As humanity picks up the pieces, a shadowy group reveals itself in an attempt to control the direction of history… while an ancient, powerful new menace sets Earth in its crosshairs. With help from a new cast of humans, Optimus Prime (voiced by Peter Cullen) and the Autobots rise to meet their most fearsome challenge yet. In an incredible adventure, they are swept up in a war of good and evil, ultimately leading to a climactic battle across the world.
For more on Transformers: Age of Extinction, here’s our coverage from our set visit:
- 65 Things to Know About Michael Bay’s TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION From Our Set Visit
- Michael Bay Talks TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, Working with Mark Wahlberg, Robot Redesigns, the New IMAX Camera, and More
- Mark Wahlberg Talks TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, Drawing on His Experience as a Father, Big Action Movies & Possibly Singing the Title Track
- Jack Reynor and Nicola Peltz Talk TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, Action Scenes, Character Traits, Working with Mark Wahlberg and Michael Bay & More
- Stanley Tucci and Sophia Myles Talk TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, Filming Action Scenes, Working with Michael Bay, and Their Favorite Bay Movies
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura Talks TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, Working with Michael Bay, Casting Mark Wahlberg, and Threats from Robots and Humans Alike