We’re only days away from the release of the fourth entry in the Transformers franchise, but if you just can’t wait any longer, Paramount Pictures has released a collection of new high-resolution Transformers: Age of Extinction to tide you over. Everything we’ve seen from the film promises something bigger, badder, and (hopefully) different movie than the previous three installments, with director Michael Bay now turning his attention to an entirely new set of human protagonists. These hi-res images offer a further tease of what to expect, including plenty of robot-on-robot action captured in singularly “Michael Bay” fashion.
Hit the jump to check out the high-resolution Transformers: Age of Extinction images, and be sure to watch Steve’s recent video interview with star Mark Wahlberg. The film also stars Kelsey Grammer, Nicola Peltz, Jack Reynor, Stanley Tucci, Sophia Myles, Li Bingbing, T.J. Miller, Han Geng, and Titus Welliver. Transformers: Age of Extinction opens in 2D, 3D, and IMAX 3D on June 27th.
Here’s the official synopsis for Transformers: Age of Extinction:
TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION is the fourth film in director Michael Bay’s global blockbuster franchise. The film begins after an epic battle that left a great city torn, but with the world saved. As humanity picks up the pieces, a shadowy group reveals itself in an attempt to control the direction of history… while an ancient, powerful new menace sets Earth in its crosshairs. With help from a new cast of humans, Optimus Prime (voiced by Peter Cullen) and the Autobots rise to meet their most fearsome challenge yet. In an incredible adventure, they are swept up in a war of good and evil, ultimately leading to a climactic battle across the world.
Click on any image for high-resolution.
For more on Transformers: Age of Extinction, here’s our coverage from our set visit:
- 65 Things to Know About Michael Bay’s TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION From Our Set Visit
- Michael Bay Talks TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, Working with Mark Wahlberg, Robot Redesigns, the New IMAX Camera, and More
- Mark Wahlberg Talks TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, Drawing on His Experience as a Father, Big Action Movies & Possibly Singing the Title Track
- Jack Reynor and Nicola Peltz Talk TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, Action Scenes, Character Traits, Working with Mark Wahlberg and Michael Bay & More
- Stanley Tucci and Sophia Myles Talk TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, Filming Action Scenes, Working with Michael Bay, and Their Favorite Bay Movies
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura Talks TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, Working with Michael Bay, Casting Mark Wahlberg, and Threats from Robots and Humans Alike