On the red carpet at the VES Awards, I managed to get a few minutes with President & CEO of LAIKA Travis Knight. While some studio heads only decide which films to make, Knight also still works as an animator and had a hand in crafting a few key scenes in ParaNorman. During the interview we talked about the reaction to the film by audiences, the process of making the movie, how much the structure of the story changed during production, the latest camera technology, and Laika’s plan to eventually release one film a year. Hit the jump for the interview.
Travis Knight Time Index:
- 0:20 – Travis Knight talks about the process of making Paranorman and the reaction from audiences.
- 1:00 – Knight comments on how much the structure of the story changed during the process.
- 1:40 – Knight talks about the impact of Paranorman across the board, including at the box office.
- 2:20 – Knight reveals some news on upcoming projects, including the eventual plan to release one film a year.
- 3:00 – Knight talks about the latest camera technology.