Collider is looking to expand its TV coverage, so today we’ll start accepting applications for a full-time writing position. This job will be focused solely on writing about television, ranging from news stories, recaps, editorials, lists, and more.
If you’re an experienced writer who’s interested in joining our team, hit the jump to learn about the requirements and how to apply.
- Ability to write about TV news quickly and with a distinct voice.
- In addition to news, must also be comfortable writing reviews, weekly recaps, as well as pitching editorial features, columns, and lists.
- Can write intelligently about a wide range of television programs ranging from complex dramas to light sitcoms.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send all of the required documents:
- Cover letter
- A writing sample based on a TV news story that broke within the past two weeks (example); sample must be from 300 to 500 words.
- If you have experience writing online, please send links to two of your best samples.
You do not need to live in Los Angeles to apply for this position, but living within the United States is preferable in order to provide timely TV recap articles.
How to Apply:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “TV APPLICATION”. Please note that although this was the account that we used for our recent search for interns, for this full-time position we are looking for an experienced writer.
Applications missing any of the required documents will not be considered nor will we consider further submissions from the applicant.
We will be accepting applications until 12:00pm PT on Friday, January 16th. E-mail email@example.com if you have any questions.